Chevy Impala SS Forum - View Single Post - Radiators
Thread: Radiators
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
4DoorSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonBugz510 View Post
Now aluminum radiators are grounded cuz they're mounted to the radiator support and that creates electrolysis that clogs it all up..

Not sure I agree with much you stated here but will let others respond on what really is the cause of our crud build up and high flow vs time to cool the fluid. A lot of the crud is from the iron block/rust. But in particular, I don't agree with the above part of your quote.

While it is true the rad is installed in the rad support, absolutely NO part of it whether it be a stock rad or All Aluminum touches any metal of the rad support. So there could be no Electrolysis as you described since the radiator is ISOLATED from touching any metal by the upper and lower rubber cushions on each corner. At least that's my thought on how I'm reading that statement.

================================================== =============

'95 Caprice SS conversion - Bonny Buckets - 96 Column, Shifter and Console - 3.73 Gear and Herter tune - Z/28 Cluster - Blazer OH Console - Green/Pink bushings - Chromed Impala Wheels - Eibach Springs and Bilstein Shocks - Corvette Engine Dress - the list goes on and still more to do...it never ends.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome