Engine Driven Air Compressor (York 210) - Chevy Impala SS Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 45
 
Engine Driven Air Compressor (York 210)

Is anyone running an engine driven compressor for their air ride and if so, can you please post some pics of how the brackets are set up on an LT1?
70LT1MONTE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 976
 
Ill have one just havent put it in yet. Look at the bagged on 22s thread he has one too.

'94 Caprice- Bagged on 24s. Bonnie Seats, Blazer overhead
Roll pan rear, Ulimate front bumper, 3k green HIDs, Cadi Catera LED 3rd brake light
Much more to come....
'93 RMW- 24s, Rollpan, 8k HIDs, LED 3rd brake, LED int, Bags soon
Rockstar is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
94MI9C1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 8,370
 
This may help as Rockstar posted to save you from searching Bagged 92 Caprice on 22's post 163 has a pic.

for an LT-1 the brackets would be way different and it would take a bit of fab work, but I would recommend the same location for it.

Mike
ISSCA member # 2344
Hoosier INC Member
1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1, 126,000 miles, T56, 4.10's

C6 Grandsport Brake Install C6 Z06 Wheels T56 Installation Manual
94MI9C1 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
92SS wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,702
 
this is the one I have been looking at

http://www.onboardair.com/KE-26710.htm

they also make kits

http://www.onboardair.com/kits.htm

92 Caprice Wagon,PPG Pearl White paint,shaved roof and rear bumper,Katskinz 2-tone leather interior,Riviera console w/B&M floor shifter,3 pillar gage pod,350TBI w/Stage II tranny,Dynomax headers,2.5" Frankenstein exhaust w/Flowmaster 40's, Hotchkis bars, Panasonic in dash DVD w/flip screen and 16 MB Quart speakers,KILLER-B Speakers Pods, 4-15" Savard Rap subs,AudioControl EQ/X-over, and 3000watts of REAL amps.Bagged on 20" torq Thrust II's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3089619
92SS wagon is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
94MI9C1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 8,370
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92SS wagon View Post
this is the one I have been looking at

http://www.onboardair.com/KE-26710.htm

they also make kits

http://www.onboardair.com/kits.htm
That is a good link for this for sure, but I am not aware of anyone that makes a kit for an LT-1 currently, it would have to be custom fabbed, for your application on your car it would work perfect, but the LT-1 is a different story.
Also I was digging through my shop and I found a couple of compressors that I bought used when I was into minitrucks and I was going to make an engine driven compressor work, of course this was back when they just came out. Let me know if there is any interest in them and I would sell them pretty cheap.

Mike
ISSCA member # 2344
Hoosier INC Member
1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1, 126,000 miles, T56, 4.10's

C6 Grandsport Brake Install C6 Z06 Wheels T56 Installation Manual
94MI9C1 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
92SS wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,702
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94MI9C1 View Post
That is a good link for this for sure, but I am not aware of anyone that makes a kit for an LT-1 currently, it would have to be custom fabbed, for your application on your car it would work perfect, but the LT-1 is a different story.
Also I was digging through my shop and I found a couple of compressors that I bought used when I was into minitrucks and I was going to make an engine driven compressor work, of course this was back when they just came out. Let me know if there is any interest in them and I would sell them pretty cheap.
Thanks I didnt know that. Whats the biggest difference between the LT-1 and what I posted bracket wise? I am reasearching alot of this right now and I'll keep me eye out to see if I can find anything.

As far as your compressors, PM me what you have and what price your wanting for one. I am no doubt only going to install a brand new one, but Id surely like to have one to mock up the install and play around this winter until it gets nice out.

Thanks!

92 Caprice Wagon,PPG Pearl White paint,shaved roof and rear bumper,Katskinz 2-tone leather interior,Riviera console w/B&M floor shifter,3 pillar gage pod,350TBI w/Stage II tranny,Dynomax headers,2.5" Frankenstein exhaust w/Flowmaster 40's, Hotchkis bars, Panasonic in dash DVD w/flip screen and 16 MB Quart speakers,KILLER-B Speakers Pods, 4-15" Savard Rap subs,AudioControl EQ/X-over, and 3000watts of REAL amps.Bagged on 20" torq Thrust II's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3089619
92SS wagon is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 45
 
Thanks for all the input guys, I'm pretty sure that if this many of us are interested in doing this we can find some way to make this work! The compressor that I have is not a York 210 but it does about the same if not more CFM as one. It is almost the same shape and size as the A/C compressor that comes factory on our 94-96 LT1's and I think it's a Sandensen. I got this one being that it's got a lower profile and the mounting seems as if it would be alot easier than the York 210. Let me know what you guys come up with, THANKS!
70LT1MONTE is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
94MI9C1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 8,370
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92SS wagon View Post
Thanks I didnt know that. Whats the biggest difference between the LT-1 and what I posted bracket wise? I am reasearching alot of this right now and I'll keep me eye out to see if I can find anything.

As far as your compressors, PM me what you have and what price your wanting for one. I am no doubt only going to install a brand new one, but Id surely like to have one to mock up the install and play around this winter until it gets nice out.

Thanks!
I will dig them out tonight and let you know what I find, as you maybe aware of the York units back in the day when I did a lot of research on this subject for my minitruck, were almost non existent, you had to get used, I bought and I think that I have three of them, I will try to find them all and shoot you a pm for the price. FWIW they would probably work perfectly for your setup if you wanted to save some money

I will see if I can dig up some cross reference pictures of the differences that I am talking about and I will pass on this information to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70LT1MONTE View Post
Thanks for all the input guys, I'm pretty sure that if this many of us are interested in doing this we can find some way to make this work! The compressor that I have is not a York 210 but it does about the same if not more CFM as one. It is almost the same shape and size as the A/C compressor that comes factory on our 94-96 LT1's and I think it's a Sandensen. I got this one being that it's got a lower profile and the mounting seems as if it would be alot easier than the York 210. Let me know what you guys come up with, THANKS!
Yep you have a Sanden compressor, not sure if the mouting would be any easier, I will see what I can dig up, I have ALOT of research buried somewhere on this subject from years ago.

Mike
ISSCA member # 2344
Hoosier INC Member
1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1, 126,000 miles, T56, 4.10's

C6 Grandsport Brake Install C6 Z06 Wheels T56 Installation Manual
94MI9C1 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
94MI9C1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 8,370
 
I started looking into this a bit, and I really think that you can get an accessory drive assembly off a vette as the A/C compressor and the alternator are on the left hand side in the engine bay, especially with the Sanden compressor, you amay have to modify the original vette compressor mounts for the compressor a bit and space it correctly so the drive belt would be aligned, but it may be an alternative, it could be modded for a York as well, I would bet.

Mike
ISSCA member # 2344
Hoosier INC Member
1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1, 126,000 miles, T56, 4.10's

C6 Grandsport Brake Install C6 Z06 Wheels T56 Installation Manual
94MI9C1 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 976
 
My friend has a '64 on air and went from a York to a Sanden, he argued with me about the sanden not needing an oiler and the same day he installed he just about burnt it up. So make sure with that Sanden you run an in line oiler.
As for mounting mine im gonna make a solid mount for the compressor and use an idler pulley to put tension on the belt. Also im gonna add a v-pulley to the alt so it will drive off of that. Similiar to this

'94 Caprice- Bagged on 24s. Bonnie Seats, Blazer overhead
Roll pan rear, Ulimate front bumper, 3k green HIDs, Cadi Catera LED 3rd brake light
Much more to come....
'93 RMW- 24s, Rollpan, 8k HIDs, LED 3rd brake, LED int, Bags soon
Rockstar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome