Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

fuel pressure

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  GuillaumeC 
#1 ·
just wondering when is it needed to have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

#3 ·
If you're not running nitrous.....don't bother. Stick with a stock, non-adjustable FPR.

KW

#7 ·
Why would one need an adjustable FPR with nitrous?

#9 ·
Having the regulator dialed down for normal street driving......and have the option of dialing it up when you're gonna spray.

Or so I've been told.

KW

#4 ·
None of the above; cam, heads, exhaust, nitrous, call for an AFPR ...... in my opinion.
Far less than 1% of the people running LT1 engines are doing the things that would call for it.
A long time ago, before I knew much about these cars, I ran one. Now I try to do things the right way.

Instead of going into the explanations, I'll first just ask: what are you trying to accomplish?

#8 ·
When your fuel injectors are a bit small for the engine and you have fuel pump that is efficient at a higher pressure, an adjustable regulator can be used to prevent injectors from working overtime.

#10 ·
Not sure I agree with that...

If you need a bump in fuel pressure when spraying then I think you have the wrong fuel jet size.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

#12 ·
Not sure I agree with that........
I don't spray.....but it makes sense to me that your fuel requirement may be higher while you're spraying than when you aren't.....and that the PCM won't/can't adjust for nitrous on the fly.

I do know that if you run lean while spraying, things will get 'interesting' real quick.

KW

#16 ·
No need for an adjustable FPR. You need to tune the motor with programming, not fuel pressure.

Is you nitrous system a wet kit? If so, just make sure you have the proper fuel jet and leave the pressure alone.

I have an adjustable regulator on my car and the only reason is because I modified the fuel rails to a "dual feed" system and the stock regulator doesn't fit. I have it adjusted at stock pressure :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.