Slow progress, but soon to pick up.
Mount brackets are fully fab'd up, re-test fit, welded and painted.
I wire-wheeled the frame down a bit, but didn't spend a lot of time on it. There is another frame going under the car this winter.
- I notched the frame x-member a bit, maybe a bit more than needed. I noticed that I probably could have just slid the motor another 3/8" rearward and been fine, there is enough room on the trans x-member to slide it back, and room on the slip yoke. A thought for another time.
- I chamfered the RH frame a bit right near the toeboard area to clear the RH exhaust manifold.
Both notches got boxed back in.
I decided to try and relocate the stock prop valve a little forward on the frame. If I can get 2" between it and the exhaust manifold heat shield, it'll be fine.
Went to the boneyard and found the stock exhaust hangars that are on the rear crossmember, what the stock mufflers attach to. I also have a pair of the 94-96 hangars at the very back of the frame. While at the boneyard, I rummage under a few cars, and found some bolts that'll be helpful. I needed Looong M10 bolts for the PS and alternator bracket, and I think I found what I needed in the dirt. Also found some M8 stud-bolts. Those will come in handy when routing the wiring for the alternator under the intake manifold as the valley cover is M8. It's a little detail that sadly had distracted me a bit too much.
Ordered my gauges. egauges.com has VDO guages with all the metric adapters you need to fit the oil pressure and water temp gauges to the LS motor. You need an M12x1.5 bushing for the water temp, and M16 if you want to use the stock Oil Pressure fitting at the back of the block. Easy Peasy..
Picked up a B&M Torquemaster 2400 RPM converter for the TH350 a little while ago. Should help a bit from the stock converter. Also should be picking up my carb, Holley 670 Street Avenger this afternoon.
Comp XR275 cam came in on Monday. Relatively mild, 222/224, but should run real nice through the manifolds.
The ONLY thing I don't have yet are my cylinder heads, but should (SHOULD) be on the porch come friday.
So, the only major fab work I have is making up the pipes from the manifolds to the cat-back, and a bracket for the ignition box. Oh.. and I need to finish bolting the motor together. Minor detail..