Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

how do i remove/take out the center console?

19K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  96DIRTTYimpSS 
#1 ·
im trying to change the carpet in my car everything is out but i cant get the center console of the shifter, i dont wana brake anything,but i cant see a way to remove the damn thing, im stuck any help would be haighly appreciated... thanx in advance

#2 ·
If I remember correctly, you have to take off the shifter. There is a small staple-like pin on the shifter that you have to remove in order to pop the pin off. I believe there are two screws in the bottom of the storage compartment that need to be taken out and also two screws at the top. You have to remove the coin tray rubber at the top to get to the screws.

They are all hex screws, I THINK 10mm.

#3 ·
You, The Cracka, are correct sir.

#5 ·
oh great, thanks for the heads upcwm3
I just got my new carpet today and it planned on goin in this weekend. i tryd to say NO.. wait for the console.. and black/charcoal bonnies, but it wouldnt let me. its calling for me, must be impatient and install now.
got any install tips?

#6 ·
Let it sit out in the sun...if you have any of that without the snow LOL
try n get it as warm as possible, get a sharp razor, beer, and some paitence

#8 ·
Jeremy, if weather good, going to jyard, this weekend, black bonnies:D wanna roll?

#10 ·
maybe sunday, I want to go get those bonnies first and see how they look with the carpet

#11 ·
yeah man just take ur time and dont rush threw things i took out my gray bonnie seats and put the charcol ones in 2day but i did a poor job on the carpet man ill try to post some pix lol

#12 ·
thanks bro,
Did you have to use any type of adhesive or does the carpet just lay in? what carpet did you go with? i got mine from stockinteriors.com black, molded shape looks nice. i guess I'll see whats up when I get my old one out.:D

#14 ·
yeah u gotta use some adhesive spray **** lol and if u already got ur carpet molded than ur lucky its gonna b real easy for u, i had to do everything myself, but let me know how u like ur carpet myb ill go to that site and grab me some 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.