Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

garage door opener

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RE LAC SN 
#1 ·
I just got a craftsman garage door opener and was wondering if anyone has had luck programming the factory homelink (or whatever its called) opener to work with a newer craftsman door opener? I think its called security 2

#2 · (Edited)
Not much help maybe, but I got all 3 of my LiftMasters programmed in ok - maybe 15 years ago when new. I'm not sure anymore whether I had to reset DIP switches or such. Do they even use those anymore? I can't believe newer units wouldn't be able to 'save down' to older cars.

#3 ·
There are 2 versions of the homelink transmitter for the cadillac, one has a red led when button is pressed and only works on the older stationary code garage openers, the one you need is the newer version which has an amber led and works on the newer rolling code garage openers.

#8 ·
Well I just looked in the caddy and the one I have has an amber led. I tried to program it to my moms newer craftsman opener about a year ago with no luck. Hopefully I'm just doing it wrong. once I get my opener installed I'll let you all know if I was able to get it going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.