Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

PCV 90 degree elbow

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  alwyswntd1 
#1 ·
OK, so I've known for a long time that GM only makes the 'PCV pipe', part 12556257, complete and doesn't make the often deteriorating rubber elbow piece that connects the steel pipe to the PCV valve as a separate part. GD BASTARDS! And also, if anyone cares to know, the retail price is now (gasp) $45! Just three years ago you could get these for around $12-15. so here's the question - has anyone used one of Dorman/Motormite/Help PCV 90 degree elbows? I've seen some that look like they may be the right diameter. Does hose diameter matter in terms of flow of vacuum to the PCV?

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
On both of my 96's I have used a delco spark plug boot (right angle one) and clamped it on the PCV valve. Been on one car for 10k and still going strong.

#10 · (Edited)
i did this same thing due to not finding this elbow used a spark boot wire and works well.

oops sorry i did this for the emission side going into the throttlebody.i actually bought one of the stealership due to leak but it was like 18 bucks.let me know ill try and see if i can get one for you just pay for part and shipping.

#5 ·
why not just get a pcv valve for the older small block chevys that have a right angle at top and go straight into that

#6 · (Edited)
#7 ·
I picked up an emission hose from advance auto, it was four dollars. I'm at work & don't have the part number with me, but it's 3/8" hose & has 2 90 degree bends in it. I just cut it to size and it fit right on. I've done this with 3 of my cars, no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.