Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

opto vent check valve face witch way

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  coltonx3 
#1 ·
the part of the check valve with the metal silver side does it face left or right can someone plz look on theirs

See less See more
#3 ·
Opti vent check valve face which way?

The picture is correct,the "blue" half always points toward the intake. Yes,it matters.

#4 ·
#5 ·
ya but i mean the bigger valve the one that has arrows both sides are blue i mean the side with the holes one side of hole is silver metal piece in there the other side is clear and goes straight through

#6 ·
opto vent check valve face which way?

Mine are both blue on one side,and white on the other.

#7 ·
weird mine lil valve is blue and white and the big one is blue on both sides am gonna look again right now hold on

#8 ·
maybe the new replacement vent harness are now silver/blue. the blue goes towards intake as has been posted

I do know that if reversed your opti will fill up with crud from condensation quickly. Mr Goodwrench reversed mine during service back when the car was in warrenty...killed 5 optis within 500-1000 miles before "I" found the cause. All were under warrenty but what a PIA at the time.

#9 ·
i just need to find out does the side with the meal pin hole face towrds the intake of face down towards the opti this is the bigger valve am talking about

#10 ·
opto vent check valve face which way?

On mine the metal part is on the "blue" half,going to the intake.

#11 ·
whatever way you install it, verify proper operation.
the end at tbe intake elbow should hold a piece of paper at idle.

#12 ·
ok thank thats what i wanted to know ya my lil valve is half blue and half clear but the big check valve the on the pic crosser to the ignition coil is the one with the metal insert couldn't remember witch way it was facing so ok the metal towards intake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.