Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ECIRS 2012 Season Opener Sat. 4/21 Island Dragway NJ - Gramby Motorsports

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  bigblock671 
#1 ·
Fred G would like to announce that the season opener will be run on apr 21st at Island dragway this because of a opening in the schedule with the capitol dragway situation.

#2 ·
Island it is let's get racing :)

#4 ·
Here we go again. :)

#5 ·
Maybe we'll get a race in ths year, somewhere!

#6 ·
DAMMIT!

Weather for Island Dragway this Saturday 4/21:

30% chance of rain

Keep your fingers crossed it gets better!

#7 ·
COME ON!!!!!! This is getting crazy :( its gonna be the year of the double headers!!!!

#8 ·
#11 ·
Well as of 5 mins ago it's down to 60%! cwm4

#10 ·
We've got a circle track race the night before so I doubt April and I will make it.

-Nab

#12 ·
i spoke to kathy at island she said they make the call sat am . since that wont work for us she said do whats best for your club. so tomo early eve i suggest we go with the old 40%or less its on. and over 40% we cancel

#13 ·
i spoke to kathy at island she said they make the call sat am . since that wont work for us she said do whats best for your club. so tomo early eve i suggest we go with the old 40%or less its on. and over 40% we cancel
Agreed. :(

#14 ·
Ugh friggin rain. I would like to race sometime this season lol

#15 ·
Just saw on the news predicting it will start early afternoon on Saturday which really sucks!

#16 ·
Good news! Forecast is up to 80% chance of rain!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!

#18 ·
It went from 70% to 10% to 80% to 30% in the last few days. The big rains are coming, no one is sure when they'll get here though. :(

#19 ·
According to Weather Channel hourly projection, its 20% by noon and 40% by 4PM tomorrow. My car is apart still, hope you can call it yea or nea today!

#20 ·
Not sure WHAT to do. Will have to consult with Glen and Fred and Keefer.

Island already told us they are cool with whatever WE decide since we all come from so far away. Island themselves won't make the call until tomorrow morning but that's too late for us.

As of right now it's showing: 30% chance of rain. Isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. High near 75F.

I've told my other coaches who help me coach baseball and softball "I'm in. No wait I'm out. No wait I'm in. No wait...I have no idea guys!"

Will consult with heads of state.

Any of you boys feel free to weigh in - if the vote is strong one way or another than may influence a borderline decision.

I'm probably out at this point due to prior commitments but you never know.

#22 ·
Norm what's your gut? You guys are coming a long way so please speak your thoughts.

#24 ·
Hoping for the best but expected the worst.

What a crazy start so far this year!

#25 ·
Ok I will send out the email to ECIRS distro.

I see the next race is 5-5-12, the ECIO at 75-80 in MD.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.