Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

9c1 not starting, is there a factory engine disable alarm?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mickeyvex 
#1 ·
I just dropped off my 95 9c1 caprice at the body shop to get painted. It drove fine like normal but after they took off the doors, hood, trunk lid, bumpers and such, it would not start. They said it would crank but not turn over and ask me if there was an alarm of some sort that would be causing it not to start because it was disconnected. they haven't had time to look more into it because there's a lot of body work to do to get ready to paint. I figured I'd ask the experts here and see what you thought the coincidence of removing doors N such and having the car not able to start. thanks for any input.

#2 ·
9c1's do not have systems like that. Mine has a hidden kill switch but if that were the problem it would not crank. The most likely answer is that the shop disconnected something. Make them find it and fix it. Good luck.

#6 ·
Check the wiring harness behind your license plate area that runs down under the car. I believe it is for the fuel pump. I recall having the same issue when I disassembled my car for paint years ago.

Then, find another bodyshop, because if they can't figure out something so basic, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.