Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1st quarter mile pass

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Lil' Ope 
#1 ·
Just got home from atlanta dragway in commerce ga. Was my 1st time ever running my car in the 1/4 mile, usually just hit up the local 1/8 mile tracks. Was only able to get 1 pass in due to the rain, but i gotta say, i'm pretty impressed with how my car performed on street tires for it's 1st pass of the season, and pretty much it's 5th pass on this motor, still not being fully tuned yet as well.

Pass was on 10 year old riken raptor 255's on stock impala wheels
2.099 60
8.61@84.4
13.36@103.8

Like i said, this being my 1st pass of the season, i short shifted probably every gear. Had to make sure the motor could stay together. My car will run 88 in 3rd and 115 in 4th, but i hit 4th before the end of the 8th and was in 5th well before the end of the quarter so i was doing some major short shifting. I think with a nice set of drag radials and not short shifting the car should 60' high 1.7's/low.8's and mph in the 105-107 range, that should be put me comfortabley in the 12's right?

#2 ·
Not bad at all for a T56 on street tires.
Yes, get that 60' down to 1.80 and you're in the 12's :)

#4 ·
aweSSome Work on that sixty foot, and I agree on the mid 12's

#5 ·
If i would have just held on to my drag wheels/tires for another week i could have saw what it would do. I really need to bite the bullet and buy some m&h 275's for the impala wheels, but i hate to spend 500 dollars just on tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.