Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Finally!!!!

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Toms9C1 
#1 ·
Finally found a 1996 SS I can afford. Picked it up on Friday, only 77000 miles. Needs a little TLC but it's all stock and un-modified. Been wanting one for years, guess you could call it my dream car.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Right now just want to get the interior cleaned up and presentable. It needs a new drivers seat cover and the seat and back foam replaced. Carpet cleaned up nicely and the back seat is fine. There are some little thing that need attention but the engine, transmision and body are in great shape and the car runs very well. Looked on the "for sale" section but didn't see any seats for sale.

#9 · (Edited)
elkomike,

Congrats.

Now.......

Do me a favor man, post a close up pic of the rear wheel.

Dont want to alarm you just yet, but that second pic looks like drums are back there.

Hopefully I am wrong.

#10 ·
Welcome! Car looks awsome! Check for a WX3 Code on the SPID label on the underside of the trunklid. WX3= SS, more than likely. Sometimes clones are easy to spot, Hopefully yours is an SS.

#11 ·
Checked this one out top to bottom. It has the WX3 code on the trunk sticker, the door sticker shows the proper tires, VIN matches all the stickers on the car, the Car Fax and the Auto Check reports all show it to be an SS model. I think the build sheet is under the passanger seat, I can feel paper ratteling, as soon as I get a sunny day I will get it.

#15 · (Edited)
Nice to know it checked out ok! I hate seeing people get screwed. Keep us updated!

#13 ·
Checked this one out top to bottom. Thw WX3 is on the sticker in the trunk, door post sticker shows proper tire size and the Car Fax and Auto Check report shows the car is an SS one owner with the proper milage. I will post photo of the rear wheel, disk brakes. Thanks for the info.

#14 ·
Very good Sir.

Now go enjoy her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.