Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Front Engine Reseal kit

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
Is there a front engine reseal gasket kit by Felpro? or GM ?
any part #'s please.

#10 ·
Sho thing. What kit do want to know about?
any part #'s please.

...and btw, before you answer, be advised that these guys went above and beyond to probably give you the exact info you need and some form of vague appreciation on your part might make this whole thing go more smoothly.

Now then, please provide part numbers for the kits you're inquiring about and understand that shopping rockauto.com, RMS or amazon will make searching (and finding) parts much easier and invariably save you some coin as apposed to summit. No knock on summit...well, actually, yes. Kind of...but the other sites are just more easily navigated. Particularly rockauto. Cheers!

#11 ·
Not sure what else would be different then what Felpro provides, unless you're looking at the Gen1 SBC kits as well, which will look physically different.
I've only used the Felpro seal kit so I can only comment on that one.

I tried to search on Summit but if I put in "Timing Cover Gasket" and limit the search to Chevrolet/350cid V8/'95/LT1-application, Link to results, the Felpro one is the only full kit that shows up. Can you link to the other ones you're seeing?

#12 ·
I went to the summit site. put in 96 chevy, 8 cylinder, etc, etc, etc. and a # of different kits came up.

Doesn't really matter now.

And yes free shipping, but $12 handling. cwm8

I needed Taylor wires, and other stuff as well, so the $12 shipping was acceptable.

My last order with rock auto. 4 items, from 4 different rock auto warehouses, they banged me for 4 shipping charges. So they get a cwm8 as well.

#13 ·
So you went to summit and did etc, etc, etc, (as if anyone would have any clue what that actually means besides you) and different kits came up which you didn't bother to get a part number from (even after having been asked to so we could help you) and..."Doesn't really matter now" is the end result?

hmmmn...

carry on soldier...and btw, if you actually agreed to pay to ship 4 separate items from 4 separate locations, that's on you. They actually DO have to ship from 4 separate locations and it's poor business to just eat the costs and not pass them on to the customer. They state it very clearly on the invoice. Most people just alter their shipment so the costs don't get out of hand.

#14 ·
Never realized how difficult it was to find a Front Seal kit for an LT1 or the part numbers. :)

I googled "LT1 Front seal kit" and only got 373,000 hits in .43 seconds....this info is hard to find sometimes. :confused:

#17 ·
Never realized how difficult it was to find a Front Seal kit for an LT1 or the part numbers. :)

I googled "LT1 Front seal kit" and only got 373,000 hits in .43 seconds....this info is hard to find sometimes. :confused:
yeah, and 90% of them are forums, and ebay links. You should search through 373,000 hits and compile the results into useful information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.