Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Moultrie Swap meet/ car show

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Navy Lifer 
#1 ·
Anyone in Atl., GA, DeepSSouthSS, INC, etc. interested in heading down to the big one in Nov. (18,19,20th)

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/index.html

Boilermaker?? You got the grill ready for some visitors??

Always a great time and lots to look at.

#3 ·
DeepSSouth is GA (Atlanta southward) N. Fla, and South Al. But all are welcome!! I'm not sure who covers your area, but I'm sure they'll chime in and let u know!

#4 ·
Iggy, I expect to be in town that weekend. Once I get Black Sunshine back on the road (hopefully in time for SSHS11) I'll be ready to rachet up the planning.

On clubs in the N. MS, Memphis area, I'm thinkin' there may still be some guys gatherin' over Arkansas way. I'm planning on dropping in on ImpalaFest in two weeks. They've organized drag racing, an indoor car show and auto cross for the weekend in Shreveport, LA. The host hotel block of rooms is already sold out so it should be a decent turnout.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=263176

#5 ·
Been getting a few messages asking if we were gonna do anything at this Fall's Moultrie Swap Meet.

All it takes is one to get something started. I plan on going. Iggy says he's coming down. Got a message from over in Jacksonville that another DeepSouthSS friend is planning on coming over. And I don't think Mr. Bob has missed one in years coming over from AL.

Who else is in?

This happens the weekend before Thanksgiving every year! An incredible turnout of cars in the corral (many just parked to show off) and a huge amount of vendors. We're talking acres of cars and parts in one place. Many vendors stop in for the weekend on their way down to the Turkey Rod Show in Daytona the following weekend.

We set up a safe place to park and usually come up with some damn good eats, too.

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/index.html

#6 ·
Lets go Deepssouth, Gassit, ATL Inc.!

I knew this event would rise again!! Lets go guys! Just tell me what u need me to bring, Gene, besides the cooler of beer!!

You still got access to the Hurst Boiler lot?

#8 ·
We've closed the plant at the air field but it's not too big a deal to still rope off the area. (don't think anyone has the balls to mess with us ;))

#9 ·
Now where's Navy Lifer?? Bill??

#10 ·
On an extended road trip at the moment--pretty much off the playing field until last week of October.

Unless something unknown to me at this point intervenes, I was thinking of making the trip....have been in a conversation with Gene about some stuff for Black Sunshine that may line up with that time frame, too.

Will be good to see anyone who makes it! Let the weather be good!

#11 ·
Bump

This is coming up fast. Sat the 19th!!

Any one else gonna make the trip to S. GA??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.