Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

P0174 trouble code

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  angelo 
#1 ·
On my way to work this morning check engine light came on. P1074 is the code that came up. Any idea what is causing that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2)

a few things could be wrong....type p0174 in the search box and start reading... :cool:

-ALF out....

#3 ·
exhaust bolts broken, loose.
pcv fresh air tube cracked or broken
injector leaning out on the passenger side

p0174 is the lean code for bank 2

#4 ·
Gonna check it out this evening before i leave from work. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
John96ss,

I had my oil change today and had the car scanned. I have P0174 too.
mine goes on and stays for about 60-100 miles then goes off and CEL turns off.....
Then in a day or 2 it does it again and CEL comes on.

As a step 1. we sprayed the MAF with MAF cleaner, and CEL was OFF when i went to mech today.
PCM only said it first happened 2300 miles ago and bank 2 was at 18% when Bank 1 was at 25%
mech said when it goes BELOW 25% it kicks the CEL on.....
I am just monitoring mine for now as car runs fine and pulls hard, just stupid CEL goes on....

Lastly i have a long hill on my daily commute and lean into throttle to get up the hill and that is common place for CEL to come on.....(cruz 1500 RPM @2000 RPM up hill)

-ALF out....

#6 ·
To the OP....did you get this resolved ? I just had a re-occurrence.....

Back in mid Sept i got my custom CAT-Back installed.
Today on about 5 mile in to my 30 mile commute to work the CEL came on. got P0100 and P0174.

Starting to wonder if the cold weather is making this happen ? Or the winter mix of gas ?
I think i will buy a 20gal treatment of Chevron until next oil change to have it looked at again.
-ALF out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.