Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

code P1371 along with 4 more...

14K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Forbes 
#1 ·
i have this code on my car along with like 4 others.... help me i have to do emissions!!! do i need a new optispark!???!?

P1441:

P0137:

P0153:

P0161:

P1371:

http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums/topic/291546-engine-code-p1371-97-firebird-formula

P1371 is telling you the PCM can not find the low resolution pulse signal. When this happens, the PCM can not time the ignition or the fuel injection, so it shuts down the fuel system.If the engine is running, P1371 is a "stored" code. It is not active, so the PCM is still running the fuel system. If this is the case, clear the code (pull the "PCM BAT" fuse for 30 seconds), and see how often it comes back. If it comes back frequently, or sets when the engine stalls, its an indication that the cam position sensor in the distributor is failing, or there is a problem with the wire harness or connector. If your engine isn't starting at all, it's an "active" code, and could be a failed sensor or damaged harness/connector.

See less See more
#3 ·
Myself, I would get a new Opti harness first...way cheaper & easier, but that's just me. If it will run, reach down and wiggle the harness and see what happen's.

#8 ·
Yes it is, sounds like I knew what I was talking about huh LOL. Just kidding man. Offer is still open to borrow the opti that I have to test it out with. Also read over all of the p code descriptions and diagnostic help that I sent you. It will help you more than you know :)

#10 · (Edited)
tried to start her up this morning, first attempt it died right after start. second time it started right up perfectly fine, let it run for about 5-10 minutes shut it off and started it back up fine. also my vent hose for my opti that sticks in my intake has no suction at all.

i'm getting suction from the line with the filter on it going to my intake manifold on the side perfect.
but not the one with the blue elbow, no suction at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.