caprice ss - Page 2 - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > 91-96 Impala/B-body > Exterior
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM

94MSP9C1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tech View Post
Yes there was an official Caprice SS produced for export only, to the Middle East. These were cars built with the WX3 package only with Caprice SS badges instead of Impala SS markings. They were also available in different colors, if you search you can find a great picture of a number of Caprices in factory bright red Paint. In fact if you do a search you will also find that the Caprice and Caprice SS did not go out of production for the Middle East market and that is what is now being imported to the USA for the Police Car market here.

That's the way they were sold here in the States.
Sorry to correct you but you have some of your facts wrong. The Middle East car har a WX8 RPO code and NOT a WX3! The current Car being imported is a rebadged Holden and there is no Caprices being made any longer that I am aware of?

Mike--94MSP9C1
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 PM

SSick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94MSP9C1 View Post
Sorry to correct you but you have some of your facts wrong. The Middle East car har a WX8 RPO code and NOT a WX3! The current Car being imported is a rebadged Holden and there is no Caprices being made any longer that I am aware of?

Mike--94MSP9C1
Sorry, but that is incorrect. The Caprice name has been used exclusively in the Middle East since 1999. The name is very much used today. It is a rebadge of the Holden Statesman, which is, in essence what the American Caprice PPV is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM

94MSP9C1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSick View Post
Sorry, but that is incorrect. The Caprice name has been used exclusively in the Middle East since 1999. The name is very much used today. It is a rebadge of the Holden Statesman, which is, in essence what the American Caprice PPV is.
The Caprice name may be used but it is a rebadged Holden and not a Caprice like people are used to seeing. They did not make a Caprice and put Holden badges on it. They made a Holden and put Caprice badges on it. The rebadged Holden is exactly what the new imported Caprice Police Cruisers are. I concede it is only worded differently so you are technically correct in saying they still make Caprices but the point I was trying to make is that they are NOT the body style, type or size everyone is used to seeing here.

Mike--94MSP9C1
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Baby_Jesus is on a distinguished road
Default Well I came across one today

Here in Abu Dhabi UAE. Pics are from my b-berry

Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM

MIA_INC has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pretty sure thats a caprice amd not a caprice ss.

No c-piller emblems
No quarter panel caprice emblems
Has caprice body molding, and not ” impala ss” door spears
Added trunk emblem, spoiler, grill, rims

94 9c1- Sold, 95 9c1- Sold, 95 DGGM SS- Sold, 94 9c1- Sold, 96 BBB SS- Sold, 94 Wagon- Sold, 12 VW GLI- Sold

1995 DCM Clone- 22" Giovanna's, smoked heads and tails
2001 Tahoe Z71- 22's, Leveled, Projectors, Halos, LED taillights, Double Limo tint, Windshield tinted, Flowmasters exiting Escalade tips, Volant ram-air, Escalade appliqués, Train horn, 5 TV's, 2 15" MMATS, Infinity mids & highs, Protected by Clifford.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM

Baby_Jesus is on a distinguished road

it's obviously a impala clone but pretty neat though to see it out here.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 AM

i995impalass is on a distinguished road

http://bluestarautomotive.com/WhatIsCapSS.html
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM

MobyBear is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
From the description they appear to be the original GM parts. If so I have used two sets of Caprice SS emblems that I have painted to match the car. They are self adhesive and easy to put on. There is a fronting paper and the backing paper that covers the adhesive. I removed the fronting paper, painted them to match and them put low tack tape over the paint to keep the spacing when sticking them to the car. Mine have been on for over five years now.

WAY FREAKIN' COOL!!!! This is exactly the look I've been searching for. So what you have in these pix here are painted metal emblems? Or some other material? What? Or are they vinyl graphics that you've painted? I wanna know, because it just looks KILLER!!!
TIA for the info.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Small vendor

GN 1220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
From the description they appear to be the original GM parts. If so I have used two sets of Caprice SS emblems that I have painted to match the car. They are self adhesive and easy to put on. There is a fronting paper and the backing paper that covers the adhesive. I removed the fronting paper, painted them to match and them put low tack tape over the paint to keep the spacing when sticking them to the car. Mine have been on for over five years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyBear View Post
WAY FREAKIN' COOL!!!! This is exactly the look I've been searching for. So what you have in these pix here are painted metal emblems? Or some other material? What? Or are they vinyl graphics that you've painted? I wanna know, because it just looks KILLER!!!
TIA for the info.

Not to be a dick but he already told you EXACTLY what they are and how he did it. Go to ebay or call Mike and buy them.

'94 Jadestone Metallic RMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.