5704 install basic install questions - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > Audio/Video/Security > Security/Alarms Systems
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 AM

RE LAC SN is on a distinguished road
Post 5704 install basic install questions

This install isn't for a b/d body so if it needs moved that's fine. I just have some general questions though.
The install- its a viper 5704 (new 5901) with an xpresskit xk06 loaded with dlpkgm. It is going into an 02 buick rendezvous.

I installed the 5901 in my fleetwood but my memory is a little foggy.

1. Diodes- will the door locks be the only place I need diodes?
2. Flex relay- from what I have gathered this is used in some ignition switches, mainly toyota or nissan. Will this be something I need to hook up or do I just leave these out?
3. Has anyone ever done anything d2d? It says I only need to hook up one wire from the xk06 module and it will control my door locks, hatch release, ac, rear defrost and possibly other things? So would this mean I attach this wire from the module to the car and I don't have to hook up any of these features on the alarm?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've taken my time all winter pulling the tranny to get rebuilt and reinstalling it. Its a transverse mounted awd and I never want to deal with that again. Lol. Fluids added and its ready to go besides the alarm. My fiance is gonna start beating me if I don't get her car done soon. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM

heavybuick is on a distinguished road

From what I can recall, the flex relay is used for various functions but mostly used to power the 2nd ignition wire on vehicles that require it. If you don't already have an alarm wiring diagram for the car, go ahead and get one as it will show all the necessary connections.

I didn't use any diodes on the door locks in my B-body since I used the dei relay pack. You may not need them since you will be using the module. However, I'm not sure since I've never used d2d. They will be needed on the alarms blue instant trigger wire if more than one sensor is used on that wire.

If you go to the techsupport.com forums, you should be able to get all your questions answers there. You can also google the installation of an alarm for your Buick and you may find a detailed diy installation guide. Good luck with the install.

Best 1/4 - 14.97@91.22 September 2010.
Mods: Homemade 3" intake pipe, TB Bypass, Summit turbo mufflers, 160 t-stat, 87 octane PCM tune.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM

Got me some wiring diagrams and I'm starting to grasp the flex relay (it is ignition 2). The company had sent me the wrong module so I finally got the right and I lucked out because it controls a lot more stuff than the one I ordered.
Didn't find any detailed installs on the rendezvous or aztec. Also didn't find a whole lot at techforums either. I did, however stumble across the12volt.com. here is a link to my thread. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...120~PN~1~TPN~1

I'm hoping to get it hooked up by tomorrow night and I had to order the usb device to upload the firmware to the module, I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully ill have the buick running by this weekend, then time to get tires....
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE LAC SN View Post
Got me some wiring diagrams and I'm starting to grasp the flex relay (it is ignition 2). The company had sent me the wrong module so I finally got the right and I lucked out because it controls a lot more stuff than the one I ordered.
Didn't find any detailed installs on the rendezvous or aztec. Also didn't find a whole lot at techforums either. I did, however stumble across the12volt.com. here is a link to my thread. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...120~PN~1~TPN~1

I'm hoping to get it hooked up by tomorrow night and I had to order the usb device to upload the firmware to the module, I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully ill have the buick running by this weekend, then time to get tires....
I forgot to mention the12volt site. Before installing my alarm, I searched those forums and others for days before starting. It's too bad no one had a write up on the Rendezvous since it would've helped a lot.

Mods: Homemade 3" intake pipe, TB Bypass, Summit turbo mufflers, 160 t-stat, 87 octane PCM tune.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:28 AM

Well got everything hooked up finally. Love the dball module, that made a nightmare much more bearable. Everything is working except remote start. I tested all my wires and they are all reading what they should. The hood trigger is working the way it should, brake shutdown is working the way should. Neutral safety wire is grounded, neutral safety switch is on. Used the bitwriter and programmed for automatic, and for virtual tach. I also tried tach because the dball is showing it gets this data. Learned the tach. When I hit the remote start button (with or without key in ignition) it goes through the process (relays clicking, car comes on) but never starts. Trys 3 times with a parking light flash after every try but none at the end. My remote just says remote start error. When I hit remote start and probe the starter output wire, I get 12 volts. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is to actually hook up a tach wire and see what that does.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM

The led should flash a certain number of times when there's a remote start error. Count the flashes. Each flash corresponds to a certain remote start error. You may have to tap into a fuel injector wire to get the tach signal. Try the below diagnostics:

Remote Start Shutdown/Startup Diagnostics
Shutdown diagnostics: If the remote start activates but fails to stay running, the remote start module has the ability to inform you of what may have caused the remote start failure. Before performing shutdown diagnos- tics it is important that you let the remote start shut off on its own i.e. let it attempt to start 3 times then shut down, if this is not done the unit will report the shutdown you used to shut off the remote start.

Note: Shutdown diagnostics does not report if the vehicles factory immobilizer is causing the problem.

To perform shutdown diagnostics:
1. With the ignition Off, press and hold the Control button (on Control Center).
2. Turn the ignition On and then back Off while holding the Control button.
3. Release the Control button.
4. Press and release the Control button. The status LED flashes to report the last shutdown for one minute or
until the ignition is turned on, as shown in the following table:

Status LED Flashes - Shutdown Mode
1 - Runtime expired
2 - Over-rev shutdown
3 - Low or no RPM
4 - Transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
5 - (+) Brake shutdown
6 - (-) Hood shutdown
7 - Timer mode/Turbo mode/Manual mode error*
8 - Neutral safety shutdown
9 - Low battery (voltage mode)
10 - Alarm triggered **
11 - Wait-to-start input timed out

* Timer mode error: Ignition is on or shutdown input is active when activating timer mode.
Turbo mode error: Turbo mode is programmed off, engine is not on or shutdown input is active.
Manual mode error: MTS mode not enabled.
** Alarm was triggered during remote start sequence.

Startup Diagnostics: If the vehicle fails to activate the remote start, the remote start module will notify you via your Responder LC3 2-way remote control and will flash the parking lights on the vehicle to notify you of what caused the no-start situation.

Parking Light Flashes:
5 flashes - Brake wire is active
6 Flashes - Hood pin wire is active
7 flashes - Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized.
8 flashes - Neutral safety wire has no ground or the neutral safety switch is Off.

Last edited by heavybuick; 04-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM

Tried all that. It doesn't start so I watched the parking lights after the remote start sequence was finished. It doesn't flash at all. Hitting the brake mid sequence, stops the sequence and flashes the parking lights the correct number of trys. Leaving the open immediately sends a remote start error with the appropriate number of flashes. Checked the bitwriter numerous times for automatic trans. Used a meter to check continuity from ground to the neutral safety wire pin on the brain. Tried turning the neutral safety switch off and when I hit remote start it immediately sent an error and flashed the lights. The only thing I can think of is tach. Thanks though, any other ideas let me know.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 PM

Will the remote start work with the key in the run position? If not, maybe something is wrong with the bypass module (either the programming or unit itself) Other than that and/or hooking up the tach wire, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.