Fuel pump or tank not sealed properly????? - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > 91-96 Impala/B-body > Engine Problems/Maintenance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 AM

impalariviera is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel pump or tank not sealed properly?????

Under hard acceleration especially in corners my car feels as if its going to cut off it does this for a split second then it takes off like its supposed to... Another thing I've noticed since changing the fuel pump, is after sitting for a few minutes my car has trouble starting unless I cycle the ignition a few times to prime fuel pump , it's as if the tank is bleeding off the fuel pressure . I'm thinking its the gasket (rubber) that goes in to seal tank on top. And light shed on my issue would be appreciated.....
1996 BBB 22inch asanti af115s . #41700 of 41934 order #366RY8. 2nd new trans level 3 this time and 373s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM

cletus284 is an unknown quantity at this point

The tank seal has nothing to do with the fuel pressure supplied to the engine. Either a bad anti-drainback valve on the pump or a small leak between the pump and sending unit.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Thanks Cletus284 !! Ill definitely look into that as soon as I get my car back from the local speed shop they've taken almost a week and a half to do the 373s. I appreciate the reply....
1996 BBB 22inch asanti af115s . #41700 of 41934 order #366RY8. 2nd new trans level 3 this time and 373s
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Well my fp went the other night and while dropping the tank I noticed that the quick connect hose in the middle came off by hand , so after putting it all together I made sure the hoses were all the way on and after installation it started right up .. Let it sit for about a half hour and voila it started right back up no more turning the ignition 3-4 times to prime pump!! Thanks for the pointers guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.