Gun Control - Page 20 - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > General Topics > Misc.
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM

ScottLC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Baraka View Post
Meh.....not an issue when the gun owner has a secure storage device (safe/gun locker) for his/her weapons. A home burglary/intruder alarm wouldn't hurt, either......
If that were true then there would never be an excuse for any successful home robbery...or bank robbery. If you don't want something stolen you keep quiet about it and/or keep it well hidden. Once someone knows anything is in a certain location it can be stolen. The question then is just who wants it how badly and how much time will they have. You can secure property to a point but if a determined enough thief wants it he'll get it.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Location: South Central Texas....By Way of the South Side of Chicago!!!!!
KW Baraka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLC View Post
This is a bit different than past stunts papers have pulled. This isn't a release of who has a CCW, which is public record, for better or worse. This was a release of literally who owns a gun. I'm pretty sure that info is restricted by federal law, but that might be only federal record keeping.
If the state requires that the weapon be registered, then the registration 'certificate' (for lack of a better word) is public record. That would not only mean name & address of the owner.....but (I believe) the type of weapon(s), as well.

Maybe one of our resident lawyers (Erik?) can chime in on this......

KW
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
If that were true then there would never be an excuse for any successful home robbery...or bank robbery.......
True.

Quote:
.......You can secure property to a point but if a determined enough thief wants it he'll get it.
Again......true.

All I can say is......my guns are secured when I'm away from the house (safe and a home burglar alarm).....and within quick and easy reach when I am at the house.

But then, I only have handguns.....no rifles or shotguns. So for me, it is a pretty easy deal.

KW
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Erik is an unknown quantity at this point

Not my area. I have no idea (thankfully) what NY requires by way of information. I also don't know whether there is some exception to FOIA requirements that might have been applied here. I'd still like to know whether you think guns should be registered or not. I'm genuinely curious about that.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15034&dateline=1214775786
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Not my area. I have no idea.........
Oh well.....nothing ventured.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
..........I'd still like to know whether you think guns should be registered or not. I'm genuinely curious about that.
I have no problem with registering guns.

When I was Chicago PD, we all had to register our weapons (even those not used on the job) except for shotguns and certain rifles IIRC. At that time, handgun ownership had already been restricted in Chicago.

But back to your question.....nope.....I got no problem with gun registration, at all.

KW
Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 PM

ocala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No more than who is (or isn't) receiving unemployment or social security benefits.

KW
As far as unemployment I'll agree with you, although it is more limited in scope than the other means tested programs.

Social Security DISABILITY, I'm with you on that one too.

As far as regular Social Security, anyone with gray hair is probably getting it. That would be a BIG list.

I knew we would agree on something this year.

Bottom line is that if my neighbor has one gun or ten, I don't need a federal list to know this.

Contrary to feeling threatened, I believe that my neighbors ownership of guns make my neighborhood a SAFER place.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
95 DGGM 396 Stroker, Eagle crank & rods, LT4 heads, LT4 intake, LT4 hot cam, Finish Line long tube headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, Big Baer brakes, 3.73 rear, Hotchkis lowering springs, Front and rear Hotchkis Sway bars, aluminum driveshaft, Metco aluminum boxed trailing arms, K&N, Gary's Cables, 42# Green Giants, T84's,T56 Magnum
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocala View Post
.......if my neighbor has one gun or ten, I don't need a federal list to know this.......
Just to clarify, the listings in question are state records. I think the Federal Gov't is prohibited from keeping such lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocala View Post
...........Contrary to feeling threatened, I believe that my neighbors ownership of guns make my neighborhood a SAFER place............
So you're saying that you believe your neighbor(s) is/are less crazy than yourself?

j/k.

KW
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Lance is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Excellent...

Now, lets focus on mental health education & treatment, gun education and safety, and reasonable common sense gun purchasing and registration laws. Peace.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Hilpala SS has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hilpala SS

Also....refer to this: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
at some point a large overlap high compression motor with long tubes is going to shake & make so much sound that all metal spherical suspension noise transfer is another musician in the symphony of "Hot Muscle Cars Rule" in B minor
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM

ocala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just to clarify, the listings in question are state records. I think the Federal Gov't is prohibited from keeping such lists.

So you're saying that you believe your neighbor(s) is/are less crazy than yourself?

j/k.

KW
Not less crazy than me KW, they just spend more time at the range!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
95 DGGM 396 Stroker, Eagle crank & rods, LT4 heads, LT4 intake, LT4 hot cam, Finish Line long tube headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, Big Baer brakes, 3.73 rear, Hotchkis lowering springs, Front and rear Hotchkis Sway bars, aluminum driveshaft, Metco aluminum boxed trailing arms, K&N, Gary's Cables, 42# Green Giants, T84's,T56 Magnum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.