Gun Control - Page 26 - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > General Topics > Misc.
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 AM

ssimpala

So, Chris, how do we seperate the responsible from the rest? Figure that out and we've got our answer to a LOT of the world's problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 PM

turbochris is an unknown quantity at this point

uhhhhhhhhhh.............. look for sines of responsible behavior?!!??!?!??!??!??! What is so hard to understand about that?

Too bad the politicians realize there's no voters interested in that.....

Boss at work catches someone getting back from lunch late. The boss says it better not become a problem and it's done.

Another boss in the same situation starts yelling and screaming at the worker, making sure he has a full audience while he belittles the worker and then tells everyone in the building they can't leave for lunch anymore. Everyone's pissed, the guys tires get cut and progress slows.

I'm tired of leaders who have a huge effect on my life that follow the second example.

This country was made for the people who want to do what they have to do to give their family a happy life and let others work for a happy life. If you want one, go get one.
2000 Dodge Caravan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdi8EkTGztY
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM

ScottLC is on a distinguished road

You can't separate them before the fact. That's why we have "punishment". DUI? Criminal punishment. Murderer? Criminal punishment. Etc, etc...

In a free society sometimes bad things are going to happen. You can't take all of a thing or right away in hopes of preventing it and still have freedom. That's what is happening in the US now and the result is an "unfree" society. Stick any label on it you want but the result is everything not specifically allowed by the state becomes a crime. In the interests of "safety" and security. Yet people are still never safe and secure, they just get a thin illusion.

If we want to keep freedom the only way to deal with the crazies is after the fact: Like that federal law against using a gun in the commission of a felony. It already exists. Why aren't we using it? Rob the local liquor store and get it plea bargained down to jay walking? It's still jay walking with a gun, federal crime. See you in 90 days for the jaywalking...and 20 years later for the federal felony.

Still wouldn't stop the real crazies because they are already planning on getting dead. Once they are in motion nothing will ever stop those people. We'd have to actually work on society and what creates them to start with and most people seem terrified of opening that can of worms. And politicians can't get as much mileage from trying to understand and fix the causes.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Buford T. JuSStice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Buford T. JuSStice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimpala View Post
So, Chris, how do we seperate the responsible from the rest? Figure that out and we've got our answer to a LOT of the world's problems.
Remove the warning labels from everything, and let the problem fix itself
1987 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 - Sold when I first joined the forums, and now I've got her back. Mostly stock, with a new Flintstones floor courtesy of Maine winters.

LIBERTY OR DEATH, DON'T TREAD ON ME!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM

ocala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T. JuSStice View Post
Remove the warning labels from everything, and let the problem fix itself
Assuming they can read...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
95 DGGM 396 Stroker, Eagle crank & rods, LT4 heads, LT4 intake, LT4 hot cam, Finish Line long tube headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, Big Baer brakes, 3.73 rear, Hotchkis lowering springs, Front and rear Hotchkis Sway bars, aluminum driveshaft, Metco aluminum boxed trailing arms, K&N, Gary's Cables, 42# Green Giants, T84's,T56 Magnum
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM

One thing that's definitely ridiculous though... I've been trying to find a gun to buy (Specifically I've been looking for a Mini-30, or M1A... I wouldn't turn down a Mini-14 for the right price either) but everything is marked up to ridiculous prices... I saw a Mini-30 on Gunbroker going for $2,000 dollars and all it had extra was a couple of mags. Those things retail for $900!!!

M1A's standards from Springfield Armory are normally like $1,400-$1,500 I think, and they're going for $2,000-$2,500... and people are buying them!

1987 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 - Sold when I first joined the forums, and now I've got her back. Mostly stock, with a new Flintstones floor courtesy of Maine winters.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Erik is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15034&dateline=1214775786
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I've definitely given that some deep thought as well. Those are some great rifles, and according to Nutnfancy (I don't know if anybody else here follows his review videos) the Service Grade rifles through CMP are excellent.

More importantly, I do love that rolling block action on all those rifles... reliable as sin, and the rifles are all easy to take-down and care for. They're beautiful looking as well (at least in my opinion). Great shooters, and great lookers. Can't go wrong!

Last edited by Buford T. JuSStice; 01-06-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:03 PM

Location: Benson AZ.- U.S. of A.- where fast cars are non existant too!
95 imp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 95 imp

my advice:

stick with a nato round.

http://www.pcmforless.com
the ONLY man you need for your pcm.

welcome to the b-body tavern, where whoop ass is on tap and drinks are on me.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM

fuzzcar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T. JuSStice View Post
I've definitely given that some deep thought as well. Those are some great rifles, and according to Nutnfancy (I don't know if anybody else here follows his review videos) the Service Grade rifles through CMP are excellent.

More importantly, I do love that rolling block action on all those rifles... reliable as sin, and the rifles are all easy to take-down and care for. They're beautiful looking as well (at least in my opinion). Great shooters, and great lookers. Can't go wrong!
You must be a member of a CMP affiliated club. This is a good one

http://appleseedinfo.org/index.html

They will teach you how to shoot a rifle very well, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.