Would you have sold?? - Page 3 - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > General Topics > Misc.
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM

MEMPH1Z aka 93 CAPRICIOUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornejay1 View Post
Wrong car to get attached to for the plans you have for it.

I would sell it,just like I would have never put letter tires on it and think of future modding a 1991 caprice.

By your own admission you don't appreciate it enough to keep it stored for the winter which leads me to think you need $ to afford to do so.

It will just be another rusty bathtub in 5 years.

I say if he gives you 4,grab it,cherish the memories and get a 94/96.
A lot of foks say the same thing about you wagon guys, its all about what you want I like the wagons a lot, but not that dam much. to each its own dude
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narc 9c1 View Post
I bought my caprice for $1,000 and about 3 months later someone stopped me in a parking lot and asked if it was for sale and so I said $3k thinking he wouldn't take it. He immediately said yes and I immediately regretted it. Idiot.

So I lied. I told him the motor was making a knocking sound occasionally and the mechanic said it was a rod. I got to keep the car and promised I wouldn't give anyone a price that I wasn't willing to take. $20k for a 9c1 that prob came out of some Impala owner's A-hole sounds about right.

Made that mistake once before with my 64 Studebaker. Bought it for $700, buffed out the paint, cut the springs, blocked the back and drove it everywhere. Some guy in the Harbor Freight parking lot offered $5500 for it. sold. I still miss it.

My Fam cruisin the local car show:
You are a phuckin nutcase for selling that wagon
Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Gregg-O is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do most of the work on your cars, then you have a very good idea about what might need to be fixed next. You know your car. That is one of the biggest problems when it comes time to buy one, you never know what problems are going to pop-up. I get asked if mine is 4-sale a few times a year, I just say no...but I have considered seeing what the next guy will offer, not that I want to sell it because I would just replace it with another '96. Mine needs alot of work, front seats are ripped, paint is shot, window rollers on 3 windows are shot, and it's started some oil leaks. But it just set the record for me as the longest I've ever kept a car...and I STILL LIKE IT & LIKE DRIVING IT, so they would have to pay more than it's probably worth.

I've sold at least 4 cars I wish I had kept...but you know that hind sight thing...lol.

\'96 IMP SS BBB ,Stock, airbox is swiss cheese, K&N filter, Ultra Flows.

Last edited by Gregg-O; 01-07-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM

lornejay1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPH1Z aka 93 CAPRICIOUS View Post
A lot of foks say the same thing about you wagon guys, its all about what you want I like the wagons a lot, but not that dam much. to each its own dude
OK,let's clear things up,

This 91 Ford,will stay in the Family,never be sold,It is a Gift handed down,

This 1969 Mercedes will stay in the Family,never be sold,given to my Wife by her Father,

This 1943 will stay in the family,never be sold,my grandfather taught me to drive on it, Took my daughter and 5 of her friends and dates to her prom,

This P/T cruiser was bought by me new in 05 for my daughter,it will never be sold, it taught her to drive a 5 speed and she loves me for it.

You see a common theme here,none of them are of any VALUE to anyone but us, but THEY AREN'T FOR SALE!!!

So FU(k your wagon comments,The OP asked a question about a car that doesn't even fall into the main category of the cars for this forum and he obviously has to think about his answer,I DON'T.

If he cared at all about his Grannies GROCERY getter,he wouldn't have posted.

So since you think I am only here for my Wagon, This is a POS,that is likely as nice as some here who think they have something,

Bought for my Son, will never be for sale,

He needs tires,so I bought him these from a great member here,for the same price as four tires would cost.

He wants to restore it,but it simply isn't worth it,so I bought this to clone.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=278410

GOT IT,what do you contribute to this Community?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM

RatSSled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

So FU(k your wagon comments,The OP asked a question about a car that doesn't even fall into the main category of the cars for this forum and he obviously has to think about his answer,I DON'T.

Damn, you Irish?

You buried the poor guy.
96 DGGM Wagon - Spun bearing, headed for the scrap yard!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM

Beast045 is on a distinguished road

2500000 maybe. id get my granny a butler to carry her around wherever she wanted to go. 2500 no way, specially if my granny gave it to me. it is on u tho... if u think it doesn't have any sentimental value and see it as just an object. your Granny still around? if u do sell it make sure the first thing u do with the 2500 is get her something extra nice.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 PM

ScottLC is on a distinguished road

I had a triple black Ford Elite that was as close as I ever found to my first car, a triple black 73 Montego MX. Got it at auction for a steal and was just happy as crap. With no more than I had in it and the fact it was just a perfect low mile original I was determined, Nope, ain't never sellin' this. But some local kid came in one day for the 50th time and I was looking to buy something else and so I named a really outrageously stoopid price.

He pulled out hundred dollar bills.

A week later he got rear-ended by a drunk in a 1 ton. Smashed that Ford to the rear axle. If it had been leaf springs he couldn't have driven it again Then a little later he smacked someone while he was drunk. Folded up every piece of sheet metal on the front and crinkled both doors. But he kept driving it and I had to look at that damn thing for months. Every day. I was torn between torching him, it, or it with him in it. I forget how he finally killed it but if I ever sell another car I don't really want to get rid of it will NEVER be to anyone living anywhere near me. I do not want to see something like that again.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM

91CapClassic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast045 View Post
2500000 maybe. id get my granny a butler to carry her around wherever she wanted to go. 2500 no way, specially if my granny gave it to me. it is on u tho... if u think it doesn't have any sentimental value and see it as just an object. your Granny still around? if u do sell it make sure the first thing u do with the 2500 is get her something extra nice.
Completely agree with this!

I didn't realize the chord that would be struck with a few folks on this subject Let me be clear, I would NOT sell my car for the $2500 the dude offered me. I made this topic to see if I was crazy for not accepting it or if I was on point. I just didn't know if I was over valuing the car

Not surprisingly, the guy also hasn't called me to talk about my $4k offer which is good also cuz I really don't want to sell it for that either HAHA....Anyway, I should be more prepared the next time it happens as this time really caught me off guard LOL From what's been posted, though, it seems to happen fairly often. Needless to say, since acquiring this car over a year ago there's so much I've learned about the b-body from all aspects of it including this one

In the Garage:
1977 C-10...full restomod and my ever evolving project
1991 Caprice...http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=274326
2007 Suburban...Wife's DD with a nice list of mods that continues to grow

I have build threads on all of these. Just ask
Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Scuba Steve

Up until a few years ago I've had a handful of people ask if my Impala was for sale. I always told them "no" before they even made an offer. It's accumulated enough dings and dents since then that nobody bugs me wanting to buy it anymore, which is fine with me :-). I still remember going with my dad to pick it up from the dealer when I was 9. A few years later it was the car he taught me how to drive in. It was the first car I ever worked on too (broken window sliders). The miles and repairs keep racking up, but I haven't regretted keeping it yet.

black '96 Impala, 187K on the clock
ghetto rigged and hockey pucked intake, brake bolt, s-10 converter, shift kit, pcmforless tune, 3.73s, rust
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:

This 91 Ford,will stay in the Family,never be sold,It is a Gift handed down,

This 1969 Mercedes will stay in the Family,never be sold,given to my Wife by her Father,

This 1943 will stay in the family,never be sold,my grandfather taught me to drive on it, Took my daughter and 5 of her friends and dates to her prom,

This P/T cruiser was bought by me new in 05 for my daughter,it will never be sold, it taught her to drive a 5 speed and she loves me for it.

You see a common theme here,none of them are of any VALUE to anyone but us, but THEY AREN'T FOR SALE!!!

If he cared at all about his Grannies GROCERY getter,he wouldn't have posted.

So since you think I am only here for my Wagon, This is a POS,that is likely as nice as some here who think they have something,

Bought for my Son, will never be for sale,

He needs tires,so I bought him these from a great member here,for the same price as four tires would cost.

He wants to restore it,but it simply isn't worth it,so I bought this to clone.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=278410

p**** you too dude who gives a dam what you got parked in your drive way, my johnsons still bigger than yours, Nobody asked you for your life story in cars anyway, hell who cares?

Last edited by MEMPH1Z aka 93 CAPRICIOUS; 01-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.