Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

94' Caprice Cluster stuck on 0 KM/h and Low acceleration power

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  killerkid68 
#1 ·
Specs:
94' Caprice
4.3 L

Sorry this is my first post i've done alot of reading and just registered tonight.
This all started yesterday morning in Ottawa i went to drive the old best and noticed low acceleration power it took forever to pick up and the cluster was stuck 0 and the trip was stuck at 0 as well as the kilometers read out on the car would not increase while driving. The check engine light is on as well on the cluster. Now the day before i just had the rad changed by a mechanic not myself but levels are all good with fluid and there is no overheating, i know this because the car ran great on the highway from Ottawa to Oshawa (400 km trip) just now and was still able to accelerate fine once the car reached above 30 km/h , I had no problem on the highway even holding the car at 130+km/h. Reason i know the speed i was using a speedometer on my phone the cluster still read 0 the whole trip has not worked since the problem started yesterday and the slow pick up is a constant issue since the problem occurred, Oh my cruise was working and now has stopped working since this problem has started. Guess what i am looking for is someone who has had this problem or heard of it and has a suggestion or two would be appreciated. All i could think of is a sensor but not sure ?

See less See more
#3 ·
the transmission appears to be in limp home mode for whatever reason due to the radiator repair.
could be a fuse, wiring harness not reconnected after the repair or even a ground wire left off.
knowing the fault code could help pinpoint the issue however yours requires an obd1 scanner because the jumper trick doesn not work to pull codes.

#5 ·
take it back to the shop and tell them how it started after they replaced the radiator.
there are grounds on the side of the radiator shell and drivers side head by coil altho offhand I dont know where the trans ground is sourced.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.