Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Crazy night with this 95 9c1 what could it have been

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  coltonx3 
#1 ·
Got back from work 12 hr shift i had rained today heavy and light so i get back start car it runs for about 3 secs and turns off so i tried about 3 times no go so i put about 1 gallon gas thinking i was out cause the gauge dont read right but i pay attention to my trip miles after putting the gas car sounded like i wanted to turn over kept trying nothing last thing came to mind carb cleaner friend from work came back with the fuel and carb cleaner fluid not the spray so i poured most of it in the tank then car wanted to start even more then it started but sounded like **** after smashing out from work after about 2 mins it started to sound fine now runs fine

#3 ·
Dunno if this is true for our Imp's but be careful what type of carb/injector cleaner you put in that tank. In my 87 Monte SS I had the quadrajunk 4 bbl carb and when I put STP Carb/Injector cleaner into my tank it blew that sucker all to hell. Found out later the goop was to blame. Family mechanic told me to use EITHER carb cleaner (for carbs) or fuel injector cleaner (for fuel injectors) in the future, NEVER the combo crap. That was 15-20 years ago and have never had a problem since.

#4 ·
Got back from work 12 hr shift i had rained today heavy and light so i get back start car it runs for about 3 secs and turns off so i tried about 3 times no go so i put about 1 gallon gas thinking i was out cause the gauge dont read right but i pay attention to my trip miles after putting the gas car sounded like i wanted to turn over kept trying nothing last thing came to mind carb cleaner friend from work came back with the fuel and carb cleaner fluid not the spray so i poured most of it in the tank then car wanted to start even more then it started but sounded like **** after smashing out from work after about 2 mins it started to sound fine now runs fine
Your opti has been compromised w/ humidity/moisture. You need a new cap and rotor provided no permanent damage has occurred to the sensor. If so, you'll need a whole new unit.

#9 ·
Started fine but after i was cleaning the intake and the lil red tube from the carb cleaner can shot in there and fell in one one the ports long story shot i used my dyson house vacuum and put the hose from tb on there was gonna do the tb bypass anway and fished and it sucked it out thank god lol am never doing that again..............car guns fine and cleaned my k&n filter danm thing was black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.