Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

PARTING OUT CAPRICE RACE CAR lots of aftermarket parts

8K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  Eddavis916 
#1 · (Edited)
Parting out caprice race car updated list- oem/aftermarket

Hey guys, I am parting out a heavily modded caprice. I still want to try to sell it as a roller but if I get enough interest in parts for it then I will be parting it out really soon. Please don't PM me that you want something. Call dibs on stuff in this thread only I know who is first. ALL PRICES BEFORE SHIPPING. Some of the bigger stuff like the rear, wheels and tires and doors I will probably end up doing pick up only as I do not want to be making crates for any of it. If I can get interest on at least some of the more expensive stuff I will definitely part it out.
Here is what the car has and prices:

Fiberglass ram air hood- $450 (I'd really prefer pickup on this one).

Edelbrock "409" polished aluminum 15" wheels with tires (M/T p275 drag radials out back fairly new and BFG's up front also fairly new)- $600
This would make a great drag setup for somebody.

SSBC dual piston calipers (front) - $175

Steering box- $50

Lower control arms- 9/16ths ball joints. Need new ball joints but have delrin style bushings installed (these are normally considered to be 'lifetime' bushings). $50

Radiator with electric fans- $125

Stillen front bumper...very nice shape, just peeling a little on one point at the bottom. No damage to the urethane though. These things are really hard to find and high quality. $350

I also have doors and fenders in DGGM off of the car. All in great shape. Fenders have two white stripes on them though. No spears, doors are pretty straight though.

Looking for $150 a door (COMPLETE with interior panel, window, mirror for the fronts)
$125 a fender. Fenders have two stripes painted on them.

Also have some stuff for sale regardless of whether I part it out:

MSD BTM (blower/turbo module) with boost retard knob- $200
MSD blaster coil and ICM- $75 (worked fine, no problems on a 600+hp boosted car)
Stock pistons and rods and lifters from a 120k mile motor- $75
working power steering pump -$ 25

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#27 ·
KW, it's a 9c1 car....but any way I can verify what box it is?

#7 ·
Spindles, a all

PM sent on spindles, a arms and calipers.

#8 ·
Dibs on hoticks trailingvatmsvif sale don't go
dibs on power steering pump can we nego on posi

#10 ·
Pic of bumper

#12 ·
Pm sent

#11 ·
if u decide to part out i'm interested on the DGGM Grill. can I get some better pic of the grill and shipped price to 92701? thanks

#13 ·
dibs on tubular upper control arms

#16 ·
Interested in the Rustic control arms but not even sure where I'm at in line by this point :)

EDIT: Curious what the weight differences are between that and the stock unit? Anyone know?

#19 ·
Hey guys, Looks like I got the interest I wanted in the part out so I am going to take it apart. AGAIN, please post here if you want something because this way I could tell who was first. ALSO, I don't mind getting shipping quotes but please, try to have some idea of what shipping/boxing some of this stuff would cost as a lot of times when I sell stuff I get 50 guys asking me to run out for shipping quotes then back out when it costs too much.

Anyway, I have to go for job training the next two weekends so I will only start taking this thing down after that. I'll post here as soon as it is coming apart, and i'll try to post a list of the parts that are spoken for already and what's still left. If you end up backing out, let me know so the next guy in line can take your place!

Replying to PM questions now

thanks everyone! Really short on time lately so just bear with me here when it comes to PM's and shipping quotes.

#21 ·
Thanks for the update SSandman. Take your time and I wait to hear from you.

#24 ·
Hotchkis Springs

Thanks for the update and I am still interested in the springs. Under the first post and also sent a PM about them.

#25 ·
cool on the update, i still want the upper control arms, and if i think of anything else i will post it
thanks
Ralph

#26 · (Edited)
Ok everyone, sorry for the delay just got a ton of interest in all this stuff. Again, wont start parting it out for about another two weekends but here is the list so far. I ask again, please have SOME idea of what shipping will cost...I will go to the shipper of your choice but please estimate on the high side as I don't want to have to be getting a ton of shipping quotes for people who back out because it is more than they expected.

Here is the list so far. I got a lot of PM's but I made this according to times so it is first come first serve listed in order. I ask again though, please post here and not PM as my inbox keeps filling up fast.

SSBC Calipers
--4door SS***

Lower A arms and Spindles
--4 Door SS***
--pops95DCM

Rustic Upper Arms
--Pops95DCM***
---CapLt4
---Lazy Destroyer

Hotckis Springs
---BinkZ28***
---Great White Truckstter
---Bowtie Teddy

Eddy Shocks
---BigDawg70***
---Bowtie Teddy

Hotckis trailing arms
---BigHeadedHerk***
---SCImpala350
---Lt1caprice709

Center Console
---Henry06***

Rear End
---Henry 06 (?)
---SCImpala350 (?)
Still more, give me a bit to update the list. That covers most of the high demand stuff though

I'll post pics and more detail of condition of everything when it is all out of the car

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.