Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ECIRS Races #10 & #11-DOUBLE DIP -Sat 10/11- BK Open & NJDW Drag Day - Island Dragway

13K views 147 replies 18 participants last post by  bigblock671 
#1 · (Edited)
ECIRS Races #10 & #11-DOUBLE DIP -Sat 10/11- BK Open & NJDW Drag Day - Island Dragway

You heard it here first - a DOUBLEHEADER at ISLAND DRAGWAY.

Race 10 - The much talked about, eagerly antipated Big Kahuna Open. Come one come all.

...and if that's not enough...

Race 11 - The New Jersey Door Works Drag Day - a late night shootout to win the hearts and minds of drag racers all over the world

2pm gate so be ready for some Saturday Night Lights and be ready to eat lunch, dinner, and possibly a midnight snack at the track.

2PM GATE!

PS - the races may not be in that order lol

#2 ·
Ms. H and I are driving our cars up for a day of fun since the night
before we will be usin the doubler killin' Lincolns at the dirt track.

Ms. H got her beefy 3.73 rear and 3600 dual lockup disk vig 4L80 converter installed.
The Blue Wail is getting a 3600 Yank SS installed on Wed after refresh so watch out for
these skreet cars!
Were stayin' at the super nice Super8 in Budd Lake after the race if anyone wants to bunk in a neighboring room.

Nab

#4 ·
#8 · (Edited)
I don't care if you race a Caddy, it would just make it that much easier to beat you! ;)
I don't know if it qualifies as a cool B body though....

#9 ·
And it's not cool anyway without the "V" at the end!

#10 ·
I am in for two races.

Looks like great weather with very good DA.

#12 ·
SSONIC, you and FIRSST still coming?
Bob Lynch, you bringin' the SS?
Keef!
Lancer, bring it!
I got some hot doggies.

Nab

#13 ·
I'm bringing some custom BK Open trophies...

There will be a trophy for the bracket champion, another trophy for the bracket runner up, and a trophy for Best Reaction Time in the 1st round.

And...if for some reason the champ or runner-up has the best reaction time in the first round, then the next best reaction time gets the best R/T trophy. That way at least 3 people get something shiny and cool.

PS - I heard FIRRST is only getting 2 hours of sleep a night in preparation to pretend to be too tired to race and then kick all our asses again!

#17 ·
Oh yeah...who wants one of these?

Attachments

#18 ·
I'm bringing burgers and hotdogs with buns for each.

I'd love to win a trophy, but I'll be happy just to make it past the first round.

#19 ·
I'm bringing burgers and hotdogs with buns for each.

I'd love to win a trophy, but I'll be happy just to make it past the first round.
I just hope not to embarrass myself.

#20 ·
Sorry all we are RAINED OUT. Track called it's pouring there.
Makeup date TBA. Stay tuned.

#22 ·
OK so we got rained out. Whats new. :0(
But we have limited Saturdays or Sunday for make up races.
We have Aug 30 (Labor Day Weekend)
We have LVD Sept 06
Sept 13 free
Sept 20 free
We have MasonD Sept 27
Oct 04 free
We have Island Finals Oct 11

Not much room to play with.

Oh and I made it to Clinton NJ before I got turned around, Thanks all for posting and texting right away when the track called it off. Much appreciated.

Barry G

#25 ·
#28 ·
Ok thanks Keith. That is ONE WEEK before the double points finale.

So it sounds like a lot of business will be settled in the last 2 weeks of the season with 3 races from 10/4 to 10/11. Cool.

I will merge this thread into the existing one for the race and update the thread title.

#29 ·
Lets do this, with me only having two racing in the books I need all the points I can get.

Thanks to all who have made this season what it is, well except Mother Nature!!!

Loading up with tools and spare parts Friday and ready to roll out early.

Dam I just thought of something, it has been so long but do I have a target on my back for winning the last race?

#33 ·
Island Dragway schedule on there site is wrong.
They have us listed for 10/11 only.
No 10/4 or 10/25.???????
Don't worry Norm, if 10 Impalas show up, I'm pretty sure they'll know whats up.

Barry, hopefully you heard the finals are on Oct 25th now, not the 11th.
Oct 25th also a double header in coagulation with Tri9 Drags!

Nab

#35 ·
Hey chief rain cloud, the forecast looks pretty good in the afternoon and clear that evening. I think we'll get it in.

#41 ·
Sunday works also for me but it is a group/sponsors decision.

Just tell me when and where! :-0))

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.