Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

NSHS2 - IT'S ON! Sat March 30th at Cecil - Northern Super Heavy Shootout part deux!

30K views 333 replies 47 participants last post by  Big Kahuna 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: THE NORTHERN SUPER HEAVY SHOOTOUT 2 WILL BE SATURDAY, MARCH 30th AT CECIL COUNTRY DRAGWAY IN MD!

-----

Last year the race had to be pushed and we still had well over 50 cars.

Glen is ready to start making some more magic and calls to Cecil.

Who's interested?

It would be the usual Super Heavy event, 2 bracket classes (13.99 and faster and 14.00 and slower), SuperPro, SuperNatural, and BIGGETH DOGGETH. Thinking of a King of the Hill too!

It would be late March-early April at Cecil with most excellent DA to run your best.

It will also be the first ECIRS race of the 2013 season.

Who's in?

See less See more
#2 ·
Last year the race had to be pushed and we still had well over 50 cars.

Glen is ready to start making some more magic and calls to Cecil.

Who's interested?

It would be the usual Super Heavy event, 2 bracket classes (13.99 and faster and 14.00 and slower), SuperPro, SuperNatural, and BIGGETH DOGGETH.

It would be late March-early April at Cecil with most excellent DA to run your best.

It will also be the first ECIRS race of the 2013 season.

Who's in?

I am IN !!!

May want to sponsor this race instead of 75&80 !

D

#3 ·
IN and hopefully in the 13.99 or faster :)

#11 ·
I will bring 3 cars- ImpalaMASTER, Sparkle Cat, and Blue Wail are ALL IN!

Nab

#22 ·
I'll need to speak to someone at the track ahead of time. If it's NHRA or IHRA sometimes they get weird. The problem is some tracks see my van as a jet car but the rules specify jet THRUST power needs chutes and 300 mph frame. this is shaft drive and it only carries 10 gal of diesel. It's an 11 sec street ride w an engine conversion... I just never took the old engine out!

#27 ·
I emailed the track and quoted your post above. They don't think it will be a problem, but have emailed NHRA for clarification. I'll let you know what they say.

They have penciled us in for March 30th.

#29 ·
Nice work as always Mr. Glen!

Get that website up and we will start hammering websites far and wide once again.

#33 ·
Maybe the week after, Glen?

Saturday 4/6?

#34 ·
Not an option.

We're going to have to stick with March 30th. I've asked to track for official confirmation of the date. Stay tuned for updates and a link to the official NSHS2 Web site.

#37 ·
I'll have to figure out what I need to change on the participants list to identify that power plant. Is there a conversion between CID and LBS of Thrust? :confused:

#42 ·
Dude that's like almost 3 months away. Tell Kaniff to put down the glass pipe and start wrenching!

Also...if you can't run the Impala, run your truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.