Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ECIRS race #12 - Sat. Oct. 26th - DOUBLE POINTS FINALE - Cecil Country Dragway, MD

14K views 131 replies 22 participants last post by  Dan Fahey 
#1 · (Edited)
MAKEUP DATE ANNOUNCED AFTER RAINOUT!

Saturday Oct. 26th

Cecil Country Dragway

Last race of the year

You in?

-----

www.cecilcountydragway.com

Glen it says on Sat 10/12 its Super Grudge Racing - Philly vs The World! Sounds interesting.

Can you call and make sure we are still part of the day?

#6 ·
#3 ·
In as always

#5 ·
No hockey, feeling better, home track, gotta get some points to try and stay in top ten. IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
Your mama is.

#9 ·
I'm going to try to make this. I have off Friday, so I might make a little trip out of it with the girlfriend the night prior.

#10 ·
Holy cow i havent been on here since the facebook forum group started popping. Cecil
County really? And u sure about october 12th? We have the track for philly vs the world all grudge racing?

#11 ·
I wonder if they thought the ECIRS Impala group is the same as Alex's Impala group...hmmmm....

#12 ·
No its not an impala group. Its all 6 thru 9
Sec cars. From 12 noon till when ever. Big money. Were talking $20k n up races. So maybe u guys are from 9am-noon? When did u guys decide to do cecil? U guys gotta start posting in the impala forum facebook.

#14 ·
ugh good thing that came up while we were talking Alex! I hope this doesn't get rescheduled I actually don't have anything to do on the 12th! You need to join the ECIRS Facebook page :)

#16 ·
Who scheduled this race? I know Karl is sponsoring it, but wasn't it April that secured the date from the track?

I can send an email to ask if we're still on the schedule, but I may not hear back right away. I suggest we start looking for another track ASAP as a backup plan. Bill and Keith, you want to contact Island and E-town?

#17 ·
Who scheduled this race? I know Karl is sponsoring it, but wasn't it April that secured the date from the track?

I can send an email to ask if we're still on the schedule, but I may not hear back right away. I suggest we start looking for another track ASAP as a backup plan. Bill and Keith, you want to contact Island and E-town?
Sorry Glen I thought you made those arrangements when you did the NSHS stuff. I will contact April and Nab.

Keith and I can call Island and ETown. However if that's no good I believe we also have 10/26 at Cecil scheduled too. It shows as just a test and tune day and it was our backup date/fun runs date.

#19 ·
We're good for Cecil on the 12th.

Jimmy just responded to my email, and said to make sure that ECIRS folks know that it's a 10am gate time, and to tell them at the gate that you're there for the Impala race so that you get the lower rate ($35).

#21 ·
Glen FTW!

#22 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in eating & drinking at the local German bier garden after the race?

Prost

#23 ·
Im tryin to get sum bbodies to show up to ecirs race since we just realized and make sure u guys stick around for our event. Big money grudge runs!!! Philly vs the world!!!

#24 ·
DAMN DAMN DAMN I can't catch a break :( Got an email today and was actually hoping we weren't on and were going to move it to the 26th. Naturally one of the teams we were waiting to hear from just came back and said yeah game on.....on the friggin 12th!!!!!!! This is one of our first real travel ones too. Its like 3 hours away in PA so we would stay over night the night before. I'm so torn right now :( The poor Impala is still sitting in the garage all cleaned and loaded as it was for the race at E town just waiting to secure my top ten finish. Ugh race or hockey race or hockey......Gonna have to think about this one but I think I may have to go with this little mofo

#25 ·
DAMN DAMN DAMN I can't catch a break :( Got an email today and was actually hoping we weren't on and were going to move it to the 26th. Naturally one of the teams we were waiting to hear from just came back and said yeah game on.....on the friggin 12th!!!!!!! This is one of our first real travel ones too. Its like 3 hours away in PA so we would stay over night the night before. I'm so torn right now :( The poor Impala is still sitting in the garage all cleaned and loaded as it was for the race at E town just waiting to secure my top ten finish. Ugh race or hockey race or hockey......Gonna have to think about this one but I think I may have to go with this little mofo

At least it's hockey, it could have been ballet or something like that.

#30 ·
Agreed...have to say racing has taken a back seat to hockey and I really don't mind lol. So I guess i'll see you guys at cold drag day.....hopefully :)

#34 · (Edited)
And any of you guys i owe money or parts we can settle up after the championship has been decided!
Hey Keef, just to make sure its you and not a troll using your name,
what part did I sell you that you actually paid me for back in the day?
I'll even give you the hint that it was for a 6 speed T56.

Nab

#35 ·
Right now weather looking a little scary. As per ECIRS policy if Friday night the forecast is for 50% chance of rain or higher we will have to reschedule.

Right now it says 90% chance of rain Thursday, 60% chance Friday, and 50% Saturday 10/12 at Cecil. :(

#37 ·
Cecil may even make the call before Friday....
Get there track fone number from cecilcountydragway.com

Hard to tell whats gonna happen with this tropical storm coming in from the east....

Nab

#38 ·
Don, we will try our best to accomodate.

I spoke to Glen this morning during the ECIRS Board of Directors conference call and while we usually wait until 6pm or later the night before we will try and make a decision by noon on Friday.

That's probably the best we can do unless the weather gets significantly better or significantly worse.

Or, as Nab said, Cecil might just reschedule/cancel on their own before Friday. The reason I was posting the weather for the days leading up to the event is because if it's non-stop raining for days Cecil will probably not be able to open barring a miracle. As of this posting it's calling for 90% chance of rain tomorrow, 70% chance of rain Friday, and still 50% chance Saturday. Hopefully it will blow through sooner than later but it might dump enough water to make this a non-issue.

Everyone start thinking about 10/26...just in case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.