Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

WTB: 95-96 LT1 Timing Cover For Vented OPTI

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  HuSSker 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT! Looking for a 94-95 unit for vented OPTI. Not a 96 with the extra crank sensor hole. (Thanks for the heads-up HuSSker!).

Hi all - gathering parts for the LT1 swap into the 240Z. I have the early timing cover and need a later one for the vented OPTI.

Please let me know. Shipping to 80920. Can PayPal immediately.

Thanks!
Tim

#4 ·
Thanks Guys! I actually got linked up on Ettor's thread over on the Z28 forum too!

Before I actually make the jump here, can anybody tell me the real difference between the earlier and later timing covers? Are there any pictures that compare the two? I lmow the 96+ has the crank sensor hole, but not sure about the earlier ones.

I want to check my engine tonight and varify which cover I have.

Sorry for the confusion guys! Thanks for the help (as always!).

Tim

#5 ·
Tim,

The timing covers for the 94-96 Impala SS are identical with one exception. The 96 employs a crank sensor in the bottom of the cover where the 94-95 does not. You can put whatever cover on the engine that you wish. If you plan on using an OBD1 PCM then you don't need a crank sensor and you can use a 94-95 cover. The venting refers to the optispark itself which mounts on the outside of the cover regardless of the style. Hope that helps you out and if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will set us straight lol i have pics of the 94-95 style on my original thread for comparison if you know what the 96 looks like.

#6 ·
WooHoo! Thanks Ettor! I will check out the cover that I have tonight. If I do end up needing one, I will probably buy your nice powder coated one! :D

This engine was in a 94' Vette, but was not original the original one.

I still know my way around the "old school" small blocks, but am just getting into the guts of the LT1. Any help and education is appreciated!

Thanks again!
Tim

#7 ·
#9 ·
WooHoo!!! I am home and can see the pictures! :D

And... I checked it out and I have the CORRECT timing cover on the engine!

One less thing to worry about! Ettor - sending you a PM about your sale items!

Thanks!
Tim

#10 ·
WooHoo!!!
And... I checked it out and I have the CORRECT timing cover on the engine!

One less thing to worry about!

Thanks!
Tim

NICE :cool:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.