Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ImpalaFest 2012

20K views 150 replies 28 participants last post by  SSoMad 
#1 ·
Here's the PRELIMINARY information for ImpalaFest 2012.

Tentative dates (but currently look pretty likely, if you need to plan vacation time) are October 19 through October 21, 2012. This year HOSS is looking at the central Texas Hill Country and are working in cooperation with SAIL. The Hill Country will offer a LOT of possibilities for a wide variety of activities, automotive and otherwise! Tell your friends and pass the word along to any and all Impala SS enthusiasts.

Contact Ken Kessler, HOSS president, for more information. Information will be posted on the www.hossimpala.com website as it become available.

#6 ·
WOW!! This would be a cool one to fly out to see. Or better yet, DRIVE!!:D:D

#7 ·
San Antonio or New Braunfels would be great also..Im pretty good friends with Henderson Performance there and Classic Jaguar in the hill country south of Austin who both offer in house dynos..San Antonio raceway is also nearby which is a huge facility :D I cant wait!

#8 ·
OK, Texas people, and anyone else wanting to come, the host hotel will be the Fairfield Inn and Suites, at Schertz, TX. It's right off I35, north of San Antonio.

By the back roads, it's about twelve miles from SAR, San Antonio Raceway. The event schedule isn't firm yet, but we will have some type of racing program, most likely Friday night. The car show will most likely be Saturday, at the host hotel. A Hill Country cruise might be happening Sunday.

This Cen-Tex ImpalaFest needs your participation, Texas folks. You know how pretty this part of the state is.

Our webmaster, Dan Johnsen, will be posting more information, as it develops. We would like to see a big crowd; the location is idea for the Austin, San Antonio, and Houston people.

Here's an event for all of you, please support it, if you can.

You can contact me at bdannelley@suddenlink.net, for more particulars, as they become available.

This will be a joint venture with SAIL, HOSS, and anyone else in Texas.

#9 ·
Sounds GRRRRRRReeeaaatttt... I know at least 4 or more of us from ATX will be putting in our cars just to post up with the crowd... I talked to S.A. INC & SAIL members and they said they were looking forward to it too.... Do we know yet round about figure how much it will cost to participate ? :D

#10 ·
Nothing firm on that, yet. The group rate at the hotel is 89, you need to call the hotel for it. We'd like to see a head count on who's coming, then we can better forecast cost. It won't be that much.

Spread the word!

#15 · (Edited)
Here are the IF2012 details as they stand at the moment (if they change, they'll only get better!):

Online registration is now up at www.hossimpala.com/impalafest2012. Registration is $40 per entry.
If you are PayPal challenged, a mail-in registration is available at the same site.

The host hotel is the Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio NE/Schertz
5008 Corridor Loop Rd
Schertz, TX 78154
210-658-1466
Nightly Rate: $89.00 plus tax (assuming a minimum of 14 rooms are booked)

Drag Racing Friday 10/19 at San Antonio Raceway. Track opens at 6:00.

Car Show Saturday 10/20 at the host hotel. Be in place at 9:00am, judging starts at 9:30am.

There are other events are "in the works" but not confirmed at this time. You'll be the second to know (right after me) when we add something good. I was born and raised in Kansas City so I'll always be partial to Arthur Bryant's, but I've never met a hill country barbeque that I didn't like... :)

I don't get on the forum much these days, but Bob Dannelly will field any questions that you have and get answers for you from the boss.

Thanks to SAIL for the help with the event, this is going to be a blast!

#22 · (Edited)
What's the future of ImpalaFest?

The future of ImpalaFest (or any other event, really) is based on participation; you vote for the stuff you like by signing up, paying your way in, coming out and doing the things you enjoy.

Last year ImpalaFest had a relatively small turnout but a lot of fun. I believe we had as much interest in drag racing as we did in the car show, and that's a great balance. There were lots of cold beverages consumed, lots of burgers, brats and dogs grilled, and a lot of good relaxed conversation around the campfire, er... parking lot.

But last year at this point (almost a month after registration was opened) we probably had twice as many people signed up. This year HOSS and SAIL have scrambled to get this planned, organized and announced EARLY so everyone could plan their trip to ImpalaFest, but... we only see about half as many people registered so far.

Is that your vote? ImpalaFest needs your participation if it is to continue beyond this year. We'd love for it to be as big as it was in '98, but we all know that isn't going to happen. So instead we'd just like to see you register as quickly as possible, then see you, your smiling face and your Impala at Impalafest 2012.

Give it some thought, then get out and vote. :) www.hossimpala.com/impalafest2012/

#23 ·
The bottom line here is very simple. We are trying to put on an event that is located in a very centralized area of Texas. I see many posts from people in the Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas. Why aren't you signing up?

If more people don't sign up, and do it in a timely fashion, there won't be another ImpalaFest.:(

It may very well be, that it is time to end this thing. Your vote and participation determine that.

The organizers of this event aren't angry at anybody, we just want to know if you, the B-body crowd want it, if you don't then, it's over.

#30 · (Edited)
The bottom line here is very simple. We are trying to put on an event that is located in a very centralized area of Texas. I see many posts from people in the Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas. Why aren't you signing up?
If more people don't sign up, and do it in a timely fashion, there won't be another ImpalaFest.:(

It may very well be, that it is time to end this thing. Your vote and participation determine that
The organizers of this event aren't angry at anybody, we just want to know if you, the B-body crowd want it, if you don't then, it's over.
I myself have'nt registered yet because money has been tied up in my new truck :D.... But with that being said I am going to pre register as soon as I get back on track... beginning of July if not sooner ...

Also I am meeting up with S.A. INC guys tonight and will bring it up that you all prefer pre registration rather than pay on the day of, and that they, myself, CapCitySS and who ever else I have programmed in my cell
phone should do so ASAP..Believe me I know the feeling of " will we have enough people show up " ...

I do appreciate the fact that you have chosen to bring back to Texas ImpalaFest and am looking forward to participating and getting my a$$ handed to me during the judging againcwm5 :D... I am sure I'm not alone in saying that I am not only looking forward to seeing all these great cars but am also looking forward to seeing the great people I have met over the past couple of years again..

Rollin on Empty,
Benny

#25 ·
I have made the last 5 Impalafest, but this year is in doubt. In fact me owning an Impala SS is up for grabs right now. Yesterday my95ss was hit in that hail storm that came thru Grand Prairie and my car was hit very bad. Trouble is that I am in Houston on work assignment and can't get home till Friday. So I haven't even seen my car. But my son says that it is bad.

My 09 G8 also was hit but not as bad, took the windshield though, then there is the matter of the roof to my house. But if there is a chance of repair I will be there in Oct.

#27 ·
I will keep you in mind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.