Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Can I see pics of Custom Paint Jobs

119K views 92 replies 46 participants last post by  NuttinSpecial 
#1 ·
Looking for pics of any custom Paint jobs on a B-Body, car is ready to head to the paint shop in a couple of months, just trying to get some more ideas. Any pics will be greatly appreciated.

#42 ·
wett paint job

#47 ·

#54 ·
Here are a few i have saved

here is another car with the rims we love rider. i took these last year , such a beautiful car in person

Beautiful cars, the second green and silver one, that is a God awful front bumper in my opinion, and when doing all that body work, why didn't they just weld in the rear quarter windows instead of using the little impala piece.

Not trying to take away from it by any means, absolutely gorgeous though.

Mike

#59 ·
i quess you can still say its a matter of personal taste. i have seen some of the worse and the best of cars posted on these forums over the years. and at this point whats the right or wrong way to go concerning custom alterations have become an individuals expression.

but one thing i will say pictures will distort and flatter. seeing them in person is the real deal. I judge them in that senerio its more fair and true

#60 ·
Yeah I am with you on that one, I was just stating an opinion. The front bumper is god awful and doesn't fit the car in my opinion. As for the quarter window inserts they should have done them with metal to make it more smooth. In my opinion :)

Mike

#61 ·
Cant forget about the Greens!!!!!!! this my Old 95 Caprice Clone

#69 ·
Standard gray bonnies, I am almost complete with the interior it has been done like four times, I am adding a different console and molding it to fit the dash, haven't had the time to mess with it lately, maybe in a couple of weeks. But thanks I appreciate.

Mike

#65 · (Edited)
Many have seen the history of this car and some have not. I have owned this car since 2002. Hit in 2004 (the original post gone, long story, happened in a parking lot, no - not my fault, yada, yada...). Back in action in 2007 with a full inside and outside rebuild.

Not a "full" custom job, but I like it! Stock DCM with a $hitload of garnet red pearl. Considering the beating she took, she is looking really good. Total color change based on sun and light angles. Kind of like stock DCM "on steroids"... I do have a full blown 2/3 tone that I have laid out (have not seen one like it), but not the primary focus right now. Working on the drivetrain upgrade.

I don't have any "good" pics of the stock DCM other than pics after the wreck.

Yep, a little bit of history here, and a little bit of pride and gloating too... ;) I do need to take some new shots with my new camera though...

Tim

Drivers side In parking lot after wreck...

Passenger side after wreck in driveway - looks OK! :D

Driver side (at shop) in shop after repair/paint.

New paint in sun for first time.

After repair - old wheels...

After repair - current wheels. Color angle 1

After repair - current wheels. Color angle 2

After repair - current wheels. Color angle 3

After repair - current wheels. Color angle 4

#74 ·

What wheels are these?

#82 ·
nice thread.......

another custom, but OLD...

-ALF out....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.