Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ABS Delete???

19K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  SycloneJoe 
#1 ·
is there a kit they sell to delete this, or do I have to fab up some stuff on the brake lines????? pics of whats needed to do this please

#4 ·
By what I can tell, if you are looking to remove the ABS unit completely from the system(and not just disabling it) you will need to make a jumper tube that goes from the "rear brake" line on the proportioning valve to the rear hard line and then a jumper tube with a splitter block that goes from the "front brake" line on the proportioning valve to the 2 front brake hard lines. I put "rear brake" and "front brake" in quote as the rear outlet on the proportioning valve is towards the front of the car(hence why to do the first part of the proportioning valve mod you remove the front bolt, remove the spring and piston, and cap it with the new solid bolt to change the rear brake pressure) and the front output is closer to the firewall. It will be quite impractical to remove all the ABS wiring from the car as its all intertwined with the rest of the wiring harness, but as long as its tied off so it doesn't come into contact with anything it should be fine. As for the dash indicator light if it comes on after you remove the ABS setup then simply remove the ABS bulb from the gauge cluster. - Peter

#6 ·
Its really not all that hard. Just would need to rent the proper tools from your local auto parts store and buy the raw hard brake like materials to make the brake lines. Splitter blocks are also readily available from GM even. The 94-96 B-body cars use a splitter block for the rear brakes (as they have a 3 channel ABS not a 4 channel ABS system like D and F bodies do). - Peter

#13 ·
I deleted mine. I just ripped it all out, hid the wiring and replaced the brake lines (you'll have to make them). I did replace the proportioning valve with one of these....

...and your ABS light should not come on.

#14 ·
So I've been considering this: getting rid of the ABS block and the hardlines just running to it. Replacing the proportioning valve and buying a russels braided 5 line brake kit. Think it will work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.