Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Easiest/cheapest pcm flash for axle ratio?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  EagleMark 
#1 ·
The threads and web sites I have seen so far offer elaborate pcm reflashes to effect engine tunes, transmission shifting, and other sophisticated parameters.

I just want to be able to alter the speedometer parameters to compensate for a changed axle ratio, and not anything else. Is there a cheap way to do just that?

#2 ·
The threads and web sites I have seen so far offer elaborate pcm reflashes to effect engine tunes, transmission shifting, and other sophisticated parameters.

I just want to be able to alter the speedometer parameters to compensate for a changed axle ratio, and not anything else. Is there a cheap way to do just that?
I think the tuners all do just that for alot less than an "engine tune". The only other option is to collect the hardware and do it yourself or buy a Hypertech programmer and have a few other option other than just a gear or tire change adjustment.

#3 ·
if it's a 94-95 you can send it to me, just pay the shipping I'll do it no charge!

Kenny

#4 ·
There also exist "stand-alone" devices that only change gear-ratios,along with tire height.

#7 ·
Regardless the route you go,it will require one for each car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.