Cecil Ice Cold Record Run Dray Day

Track: Cecil County Drag Way
Where: Rising Sun, MD
When: Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015
GATE: 8am
AIR: twice as dense as any other track
LEGEND: 20 ft. shorter than any ordinary track
TEMP: scheduled to be in the mid 40s

Fun Runs, Grudge Runs, Run what ya brung...
PRO TREE

Nab

#2 ·
33 views and no comments???

So who wants to feel what a 50 shot of nitrous feels like ? :)

Nab

#5 ·
I'm iffy. We have hockey from 10-noon that day

#6 ·
50/50 chance I'll make it, broke into the 12's last year on the little 350 you built me a few years back, threw a ported intake and 58MM TB on it since then and took a little weight off, I wanna see if I can get consistent 12s this year.

#7 ·
Wow! That engine has taken a beating...
first from your blower and now on motor...
It's been what 7 years?

I hope you can make it!

Nab

#10 ·
Yeah 7 or 8 years and I beat the crap out of it, maybe about 5K miles cause the few years I had the blower on I almost never drove it but when I did I beat on it til something went wrong lol.

#8 ·
I was stationed in MD for a few years back in 2008-11 and I can truly say that it was nice being so close to quite a few nice tracks. I live in the sticks of East Texas now, which I love, but only 1 track locally and it is being remodeled. If I was closer I would definitely bring the bolt on 96.

#9 ·
Maybe you can make it to the Impala Nationals next summer.
It's going to be in Louisianna, I believe the first week of July or thereabouts.
We have drags, roadcourse and autocross not to mention the car show.

Nab

#12 ·
The 10 sec Marauder from SSHS said he is coming and wants to munch on an Impala!

Nab

#13 ·
It's looking less and less likely that I'll make it. Still chasing our tails on the shifting issue, looking like new MC and lines are our next step, which means that's not happening before the 5th. As if that wasn't enough, the brand new gears I had to put in last week are howling like a biatch, again, so they're getting looked at Tuesday. There is pretty much no miracle that is not going to have them destroyed again the way they're making noise.

#14 ·
Does it use a standard LT1 Fbody master cylinder?
(The one used w/ the F2B kit).
If so, I think I have a brand new one that I never used and
can send it to you if you need.

Nab

#15 ·
Nope. We installed a known working MC but it could be a couple of issues. Drill mod could have gotten something in the line. There was apparently a minor bend when installing it. I'll just upgrade to a tick MC when the time comes. But if that's the case, which it's realistically the next step, I don't have time to pull the trans and replace it this week. Nor really the funding to do so at this juncture.

#16 ·
I hear DC inc is hosting the event and will be tearin' up the track as well.
John and I are bringing the Drag Cat to test what a steel headed 502 cammed LT3
w/ Afterburners will do on chassis that is pretty much an engine with a seat bolted to it.
Backed by Turbo400 trans, ATI 4500 stall, and 4.56 rear.

Also picking up a $200 Roady on the way, swappin optis and c what it will do! :)
With price of steel at $1 per 100 lbs, these cars are also a steal ;)

Nab

#17 ·
3 days left to get your rides ready for Record Runs
John and I still have to install air in rear brakes, install
Tahoe rear anti-roll bar, cut impact bars from doors and remove front sway.

Don't mess with this 2900 lb RoadPALA!

Nab

#18 ·
Planning on stopping in a couple hours and picking up the trailer to tow the car down. Would be much easier to drive it, but it looks like a brand new pinion bearing or crush sleeve is causing the noise in the rear. The pinion has moved off the gear some. The gears are still fine, but I don't want to drive the car a couple hundred miles. I'll probably just come down to hang out and show off the new build a little. I plan on attempting to make a run, but the shifting issue is not resolved, so I might get an accurate 330' out of it......

#19 ·
Sorry but I am out. Lost my Steering Gear, blow out a seal so have another box coming. Weather looks great if they get the track warmed up. Have fun and be safe.

#21 ·
Glad to hear it Steve. Should be a fun day!

I'll be bringin' the $500 rocket ship and a parts car.
Got the Tahoe anti roll bar and exhaust on last night!
Still need to cut door bars out to get her under 2900.
She sounds NASTY!

Nab

#23 · (Edited)
Had a great day w/ 30+ B bodz showing from DC, VA, MD, DE, NJ, & PA.
DC inc hosted and was most gracious with about 15 cars, Philly inc was in the hizzy w/ around 10 cars.

John's lite weight rocket Frankenheinkle B body aka Drag Cat w/o:

No hood
Plexiglass rear door windows
Gutted and pinned on rear trunk lid
Gutted interior, no dash pad (just wires)
All doors hollowed out (no door bars, window motors nor, latches)
No inner fenders (engine fuse box relocated to under dash)
Front fender inner structure gutted
Bumper supports removed
Front sway bar deleted
Power Steering GONE
No AC
No idler pulley
No Accessory bracket
Alternator only
battery in trunk
S10 manual steering box
FlowTech Afterburner headers
2.5" flowmaster muffs
Iron head 350 LT3 w/ 502 cam
ATI 4500 stall w/ turbo 400
4.56 gears w/ Eaton Posi
12.5 x 28 ET Streets on laced Caprice alum wheels
Couldn't weigh car b/c scales were not turned on.
Estimated 3100 w/ driver.

12.78 @ 110 first pass w/ no burnout (2.30 60')as driver got flustered w/ seatbelt and forgot :)
We figured it would be dang close to an 11.90 w/ a 1.55 60'.

Next, we stripped out the interior wiring harness that ran under power seats
and to the doors for windows and such that are now permanently afixed (5 lbs)
Then ran 12.08 @ 110 on 2nd pass w/ 1.68 60' Spun-2 Rotations and slicks caught.
Should be hitting 1.5x 60' on a prepped track.

Next, removed lower rocker panels on exterior of doors and interior plastic trim panels
on bottom of door sills.
3rd pass ran 12.16 @ 110 w/ 1.65 60' (slightly better traction and maybe 1.5 rotation spin).

Last Pass only netted 12.94 @ 103 and later discovered a burnt plug wire on #5.

Next on the list: Install 5.38 gears, forgot to remove DS air bag,
need tubular trans crossmember, 3 gallon fuel cell under hood,
remove factory gas tank.

We will get an 11 !!!

Nab

#27 ·
Did you lighten the front bumper?
D
Dan,

Front bumper was the lite weight fiberglass bumper from a Roadmaster Sedan.
(The Drag Cat has the Roady Sedan Front clip on a 9C1 body).
We'll probably remove this as well and replace it with a couple of pieces of angle iron to
"hang" the bumper cover on.

Steve, great to see you and your car again. Glad it cracked the 12s!
What size and type tires were on it?

Nab

#26 ·
I had a good time, it sucks that so many Hondas broke cause the place was packed it really slowed things down. At least that gave Nab time to find more weight to take off in the staging lanes :D. My first pass sucked but then ran a 12.98 and a 12.97, I think I'll get new slicks in the spring cause my 60' should be better, I still need to install my triangulation braces I bought maybe 2 years ago.

#31 ·
I can't believe how packed it was, sure put a damper on things. I would have liked to gotten a couple more runs in. Friggin third gear wouldn't bite. Nothin like a 14.8 at 100 and a 15.3 at 103. God that car pulls hard up top. That second run when I was finally able to get into third after slipping into 5th again, I pulled on that 100mph Honda like it was standing still. I'm fully confident that car has a 113 trap in it... If Atco was still open, I'd be jumping on getting the new MC installed...

#32 ·
If Atco was still open, I'd be jumping on getting the new MC installed...
Was thinking of going back to Cecil on the 19th if weathers good and can talk Ms. H into
joining us....

Nab

#33 ·

#34 ·
I'll need to send Nab some Avery colored wrap material for that chicken bucket...

#38 ·
Nab text me if you do head up on the 19th. I'll head down and make a couple final year passes hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.