Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Handmade Lionel Eden bumpers Installed

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Powder96ss 
#1 · (Edited)
My Dad got his Lionel Eden bumpers installed and painted. Thought I'd share some pics.

For those of you who don't know what the story behind these bumpers here is a bit of history. Pulled this information from the original post.

The handmade Lionel Eden bumpers were the "original" smoothie bumpers made for these cars. The quality is far superior to any other fiberglass or urethane bumper offered today for the Impala/Caprice. Lionel quit making these several years ago...so you'd be hard pressed to find another unpainted/uninstalled set anywhere.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys. Pops was very happy with the finished product.The body guy was impressed with the quality of the bumpers and really took his time to get the lines right.

Damn those look good,almost never see any of these fiberglass front bumpers able to fit the rubber piece between the lower headlight and bumper. Fender trim looks to fit nicely to.

#13 ·
It isn't that they can not, but most people do not take the time to fit them. They install the bumper without them, and do not want to take it off again to put the rubber pieces on. It is pretty simple, and you only have to drill some holes.

#5 ·
I highly doubt it. Making any part for 16 year old cars is quickly reaching the point of diminishing returns.

#8 ·
that is looking like it should have come from the factory like this, Outstanding

#11 ·
I saw that your sig says central coast. Are you from the Monterey area or the San Luis area? Because they both consider themselves the central coast. Pops car has got Hotchkiss and C3 Fab suspension parts, SLP headers, mandrel bent exhaust, CPT Stage 2 Trans 3,000 stall, Detroit Truetrac 373's and that's just the under the car. Grandpa gone wild:D

#14 ·
I know man. I been modifying my wagon for a while now and Pops got the bug to. Between the two of us we have a Wagon, Cappy, SS and a Roadmaster. I'm looking to add SS to fam soon. Is there rehab for this sort of thing.cwm4

QUOTE=Dropped Fullsize;2716031]Very nice. Thanks for sharing and posting more pics. Good looking SS. Be careful bro, that's how it starts. Soon you'll be driving your Dad's ride or purchasing your own. LOL..[/QUOTE]

#17 ·
Just by both of you saying that. I know you've been in the game for quite a while. We got them from a guy out in Fresno CA who rolled with the ROD and FASST groups. Never saw Lionel's car in person but I have seen pics and it's a great looking car with lots of purple and gold under the hood.

Nice quality bumper, looks great. I have one of the first batch of Lionels bumpers on my car.

#21 ·
that is one clean ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.