#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
#7 ·
samco??

$300 radiator hose,are you kidding me?

#9 ·
samco??

Or get oil,or fuel on them. Or get punctured,or cut. You're right though,that would be the last thing I'd buy.

#12 ·
I can practically guarantee you're going to have to "fit" them to your car. Maybe not the radiator hoses,but surely the heater hoses. Starting with the plastic flow controller (I'd get a new one,while you still can).Do you have headers? If so,that can present a whole series of fitment issues.Welcome to the world of the "aftermarket". Actually,making this stuff fit your car is part of the fun.

#13 ·
The hoses fit the car perfectly. Things like headers, CAI, and stuff aren't much of a factor, as the hoses take the same routes as the OEM hoses.

The only "fitting" to the car will be to add a flow restrictor, and if you're running a TB bypass. Also, as with any set of hoses you buy for the car, you'll have to mate hangers to the hoses to mount them to the alternator bracket. I reused the factory one, others have bought some sweet billet ones, as listed in the other thread linked above. I've had mine for about 4 years, and they are literally a work of art. They don't age, change colors over time like the Goodyear ones do, clean up easily, and keep the engine bay looking great. Better yet, the tee near the cooling tank is integrated into the hose, eliminating 3 leak points, and the point of failure with the old plastic tee itself.

#15 ·
#21 · (Edited)
Not to bring a thread back from the dead but can someone with the Samco hoses chime in on how many and what size/type clamps I would need to buy? Or maybe Summit has a kit that would cover most but I'm more looking for just a list of how many and what sizes each needs to be.
Also I have done the t-body bypass and would like to use a flow restrictor

EDIT:
So I found the HERD article on clamps and if I understand it right I would need as follows:
4x #24 clamps (Radiator)
2x #6 clamps ('96 Coolant resevoir)
6x #10 clamps (heater hoses and this is where I think I have too many with Samco not having the plastic tee and instead is just molded hose)

#22 ·
Samco

I'd consider thermal clamps by Gates. Designed for silicone hose,they're pretty slick. Jeg's has them,as does NAPA.

#23 ·
Remember.....yer gonna need two #10's for the plastic restrictor in the heater hose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.