Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

o-ring on between regulator and return line tube???

953 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  crerus75 
#1 ·
Ok this is driving me crazy but the o-ring that doesn't come with a new regulator thats on the return line tube side. Anyone know of a kit that has the proper size???

As so far....none of the viton o-rings in the little help! section assorted pack are right. Looks like one in the Dorman standard value pack is but am unsure if this is ok being as I think these o-rings are plain rubber and not made from nitrile or viton.

Only other thought I had was maybe the Harbor Freight 180 piece Viton o-ring kit (http://www.harborfreight.com/180-piece-viton-o-ring-kit-67525.html) would work but don't recognize if the right one would be in there from the pictures they are metric.

Where have others that have had to replaced this o-ring too gone to get a replacement?

#2 ·
Try the dealer,or NAPA.

#3 ·
I've had 2 different brands of regulators and both came with an o-ring, someone mustve taken yours out of the box. Go back to the parts store and see if the others have an o ring and tell them you need it they should just give it to you

#4 ·
so the regulator should've come with the o-ring for the return feed tube because mine only came with the one on the rail side... Also went to the dealer and the seal kits that come with that specific o-ring are discontinued so I've ordered the Napa kit but am fully expecting it to come with the 5/16" o-ring that is too thin like the viton ones in the advance auto help section fuel line assorted o-rings kit.
for now the old one went back on and isn't leaking but will bother me that I replaced the regulator and not that seal!
On the plus side my autometer full sweep electric fuel pressure gauge is apparently pretty accurate as now it's reading right around the 38 psi mark at idle where as with the old regulator it was more like 42 at idle.

#5 ·
If you still have the old oring and you can't find a replacement anywhere else, measure the ID, OD, and thickness with a pair of calipers. A lot of orings are a standard size and can be ordered through McMaster Carr or similar parts houses. They're usually cheap enough that you can get the next size up and down in the list just in case your measurements are off a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.