Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

ATI Super Damper

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Fast4drSS 
#1 ·
I just had a quick question about the ATI super damper made for our b-bodies. Is the hub that comes with it keyed so that I could use a keyed setup in my '96 Impala SS as some seem to have done/and recommended with the Pioneer keyed hub that's becoming more uncommon? If so could someone point me to what key I would need to purchase in addition to the ATI damper kit?

#2 ·
Wouldn't have anything else on my engine. Mine was keyed. Just call ATI. They're real good communicators.

#6 ·
OP

ATI comes with a new bolt & washer specific to it's hub

Fast

yes the LT1 crank is keyed. The stock balancer is just pressed on though just like ATI but the ATI hib is keyed (recommended)

On removal and install...a few ways to do this but if you can get your hands on the Kent Moore LT1 balancer remover/install tool (pic) get one. I use a friends who got it on ebay.

it works without stress or effort on pulling the stock hub. On the ATI since the hub is diffrent you will need to get a big grade 8 washer because of the diffrent hub hole size. may be hard to explain but you will see when you have both hubs in your hand

Attachments

#7 ·
OP

ATI comes with a new bolt & washer specific to it's hub

Fast

yes the LT1 crank is keyed. The stock balancer is just pressed on though just like ATI but the ATI hib is keyed (recommended)

On removal and install...a few ways to do this but if you can get your hands on the Kent Moore LT1 balancer remover/install tool (pic) get one. I use a friends who got it on ebay.

it works without stress or effort on pulling the stock hub. On the ATI since the hub is diffrent you will need to get a big grade 8 washer because of the diffrent hub hole size. may be hard to explain but you will see when you have both hubs in your hand
HOLY COW. This is a heck of an expensive tool new!

http://www.toolsource.com/crankshaft-remover-installer-p-111789.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.