Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Fuel line leak - repair options

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  9c1 lover 
#1 ·
The leak location is behind the driver's side door, about 18 inches downstream of the fuel filter on the supply (3/8 inch) line. It looks like it was chafed and it just wore a small hole / tear, but there is nothing in the area for it to rub as it is between two supports with nothing else around. Weird.

Anyway, seeing as complete replacement lines are no longer available, I'm looking into repair options. So far, the only good option I see is a 12 inch nylon replacement with two barbed ends:

1. Autozone - Dorman 3/8 in. (10 mm.) x 12 in. with barbs flexible nylon fuel line repair - part number 800-181 - $11.99
  2. Napa - Contents : (1) Fuel Line
    Length : 12"
    Manufacturer : Dorman Automotive Manafacturing
    Manufacturer Part Number : 800-181
    Product Application : Universal - $5.99
There's another rub an inch away from this hole, so I'll be removing at least one inch of existing hose as it is. Every other post I've seen in my searches mentions a "Napa kit" or replacing the entire line with OEM piece. Are there any other options, opinions, or recommendations? Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Napa also has a kit that builds these push lock lines. You can get 90 deg or straight fittings and the tubing comes in bulk so length is up to you.

Balkamp # BK 8275112 the kit has all the PN's I am sure you can buy the pieces individually and the tool that presses the fitting into the tubing.

#5 ·
Napa also has a kit that builds these push lock lines. You can get 90 deg or straight fittings and the tubing comes in bulk so length is up to you.

Balkamp # BK 8275112 the kit has all the PN's I am sure you can buy the pieces individually and the tool that presses the fitting into the tubing.

The NAPA kit works great! its about 25$ for 2 2' lines with quick disconnects on them.

But what is the "Napa kit"? That's what I don't understand. Is it the piece I have in the first post? :confused:
what you showed was the one line patch kit. as long as you don't need the quick disconnects you can use that. OR if you have some fuel lines laying around you can just buy the 2 gold 'barbs' or whatever you'd like to call them at the end and make 'em yourself. Just put the end of the lines in hot water for them to expand, insert the gold connector and repeat. as long as you have the 2 gold connectors at the end and a piece of line you can do it.
I had to buy the kit because my fuel filter broke off at both end of the quick disconnect which is why i paid 25$...hope it helped

#3 · (Edited)
I repaired gas lines on my good ole northeast daily driver wagon several years ago. I used the NAPA kits. They worked great. They were still good when I sold the car after two years.

Tom C.

#7 ·
Just a follow-up to this repair. I got the repair hose from NAPA that is pictured in my first post and installed it. Pushing the brass connectors into the existing hose was a pain and took some time to completely seat it. After a few miles of driving, no leaks are present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.