Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Seriously..what's wrong with my trans?

896 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  alwyswntd1 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I took my 94 9C1 to the shop for the transmission guy to do what I didn't have time to. I recently did a trans swap for an early 95 (worked in a 94 Caprice), and did the valve body stake. The guy replaced the internal harness, the VSS, and tested all solenoids. All work. He won't do electrical work, so I'm stuck with fixing this. I just tested pin E on the connector and I'm getting 12 volts, so it should be working, but isn't. Where do I go from here? The old trans worked fine before it finished burning up from having 175,000 on it. If it was the computer or the wiring harness, why did this work absolutely fine with the old trans?

#2 ·
i see that your car is a 94,so now my question is if you installed a 95 trans i dont think it will work you would have to tune for it,i recently got mine done,but problem i ran into was i thought that the trans i took to the trans tech was a 95 and it turned out it wasnt it actually was a 94,guy rebuild my trans installed but no go so after months of trying to figure out what the issue was, it turned out that the internals dont interchange,so i would tune car first and if that dont work out then the parts inside might be the issue,mine was the the valve body plate was the wrong one causing oil passage difference which i only would go into first gear and second that was it when we compared the two plates 95 and 94 where totally different..hope this helps,also with the 95 trans there is a extra wire that comes from the pcm cause of that pwm valve combo,forgot the actual name but look it up here..

#3 ·
It has a 94 harness in it, I think. I'll put a 95 harness and a PWM solenoid back in it. Will this cause any 3-2 downshift issues? Valve body was staked. I'd like to not pull a 95 harness in its entirety.

#4 ·
This is just way too much work to get this thing fixed. If I pull this trans out again there will be a 700r4 going in its place. I'm tired of trying to make this thing work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.