255/30/24 or 275/25/24 - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > 91-96 Impala/B-body > Wheels & Tires
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 PM

jerzydevil609 is on a distinguished road
Default 255/30/24 or 275/25/24

........i know your thinking it.... so im gonna say it... yup, another post........

i already wasted enough money on one set of 24s that didnt work so im trying to gain as much info so i dont do it again....

i chose to go 24x10 rims all the way around my 95 caprice that has stock caprice classic springs (160k mi) and new monroe yellow shocks (2k) all the way around.... i want to keep her the stock height and not jack her up... i eventually would like to put ss springs on it and get the extended control arms in the future, but who knows if that will ever go down...

with my current setup, is it better to go 255/30/24 or 275/25/24????

the streets are bad out here, and my friend had 24's (x9.5) on a 92 bubble and hes saying get 255/30/24, which is what he had.... (dont forget mine are a half inch wider)

my last set of 24's (which didnt fit due to the wrong lug pattern.... some might remember my questions from that scenario) were 24x10 with 255/30/24 but they were streatched alot, compared to what my friends looked like...

i was thinkin 275/25/24 might be good because it wont be as streatched, but i thought 275/30/24 might give me clearance issues (... but what i know couldnt half-fill a shot glass)....

so im guessing that my choice is between 255/30/24 or 275/25/24... i really dont want to crack a rim because my tires were too skinny... and have to buy another one...

if i stay with my current setup, which is the way to go while giving me the best protection on these ugly streets.... and would the option to put ss springs and extended control arms get ruled out? i also want to just be able to slap these wheels on myself and not have to jack her up or take off or cut the wheelwell moldings....

....heres a stupid question... ive really only just looked on ebay and i like the bentchi b15 ones and theyre selling them shipped to my door mounted and balanced for 2,100. i thought that was pretty cheap for a new set, but is there better deals? is this a p.o.s brand and are they just gonna send me garbage tires? ... i dont know, that was just me thinking out loud...

thanks for reading if you got through it all... to be honest i probably wouldnt have haha... but thatnks and sorry for such a long post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 PM

sorry for posting twice
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 PM

SSuspect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not tryind to be a D!ck, but...

Either way with 24's on this heavy-ass car, (IMHO) it is only a matter of time before you bend a wheel and trash a tire... Sorry - just not into that "thing"... Do you want performance or "looks"??? I would start over, but with a better plan.

You are about to spend more on wheels and tires than the car is "technically" worth... Sorry, I just dont get it...

Last edited by SSuspect; 10-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 PM

iLOVEmyBIGbody
Send a message via AIM to iLOVEmyBIGbody

275/25/24...the 255/30s are gonna stretch so much on a 24x10..id rock em on 24x9 or 9.5 tho..
Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEmyBIGbody View Post
275/25/24...the 255/30s are gonna stretch so much on a 24x10..id rock em on 24x9 or 9.5 tho..
is 275/30/24 gonna be too big????
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 PM

Baby-D is on a distinguished road

no they wont fit b/c they are 1.08" taller.
and if u put them on youll have a crap load of shaving like what they do with 26's .not to mention u cant even pull a sharp u-turn.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM

redbubble24s
Send a message via AIM to redbubble24s

255/30 -- you'll end up probably having to do a minor lift on the car, spring spacers or however you go about doing it, and I remember they trimmed the black plastic up front(on the inside) for turn reasons. They fit just fine, I know 2 guys in town that went this way and never had any problems.

275/25 -- no lift, put them on and ride all day. One guy had some davins in town and he never had problems either. I'd go this way if I had to choose.

They are both really skinny tires, and if your roads where you live are complete crap, reconsider the whole situation, it won't be long before you hit something. I like the whole idea, but we have fairly decent roads here, and I've visited a few places with horrible roads and I never would own a skinny tire there.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:29 AM

buthatsabuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbubble24s View Post

They are both really skinny tires, and if your roads where you live are complete crap, reconsider the whole situation, it won't be long before you hit something. I like the whole idea, but we have fairly decent roads here, and I've visited a few places with horrible roads and I never would own a skinny tire there.
AHH SO YOUVE BEEN TO OKLAHOMA.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Firewood is an unknown quantity at this point

24's with any tire are gonna be easy to bust. Don't kid yourself. Decide that you can accept the risk, and run the 275/25r24 if you've gotta have 24's.

Otherwise, consider the many fantastic deals out there in 22".
Almost every wheel and tire can be answered by clicking here!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:24 AM

redbubble24s
Send a message via AIM to redbubble24s

Quote:
Originally Posted by buthatsabuick View Post
AHH SO YOUVE BEEN TO OKLAHOMA.
Funny you say that, that is EXACTLY the area I was talking about. OKC/Del City area, those roads are such garbage I'd be ashamed to live there..LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.