Check Codes on OBD 1 ? - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > 91-96 Impala/B-body > Engine Problems/Maintenance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-08-2010, 08:25 PM

chevyguy is on a distinguished road
Default Check Codes on OBD 1 ?

How can I check for codes in my 1995 Impala ? What tools if any will I need ? I remember some sort of jumper wire to the OBD on my 1982 Camaro, does the same apply here ? If so, which ports on the OBD do the wires get jumped to ?
CALI-SS ,1995 BBB Murdered out, Powder Coated C5 Corvette Wheels, Cross Drilled / Slotted rotors F & R, Brake bolt mod, LS2 swap, psi converion harness, brp hotrods longtube ceramic coated headers, Hummer H3 oil pan, CAT Delete, 2.5 X-Pipe Exhaust, Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers, 160 Stat, Pro Built 4L65, and most important of all Tuned by TAD !!! More to come....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2010, 10:14 PM

oldkoot is on a distinguished road

Can't use the paper clip jumper, you'll need to scan for codes, a lap top with ADL cable or go to Autozone and they'll scan for codes for free.
94 Caprice Wgn,DCM,C5 corvette brakes,impala SS 17" rims,kumho tires,flowtech headers,pcm for less,ram-it,pioneer sound sys,hooker aero chambers,gauge pod,b&m floor shifter, full tint,Eibach springs,sway bars,3.73 yukon gears,eaton posi,14.2@97mph without a tail wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.