New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 AM

bad4health is on a distinguished road
Default Adjustable Voltage Regulator Install/Review

i bought the D7050 shown here
http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.ph...productId=5510

pics of the take apart and install

steps: ALT OFF ALREADY

1. take off the 4 screws that hold the alt together(mark the the 2 sides of the alt to kno what way it goes back together.

2. hold the back of the alt and tap up on the top half till it comes apart.
pull straight out on it not to mess anything up

3. take off the 3 screws that are holding the black windings down.
pull out on them so it comes off.

4. take off the 3 screws around the voltage regulator being sure to mark what ones go where.(dont wanna FVCK anything up lol)
being sure not to drop the springs from the brushes (i dropped BOTH lol)

5. pull the old voltage regulator out and desolder the two points that are being held on with solder, and re solder them to the new dummy voltage regulator.

6. do the last few steps in reverse till you get to the part with the brushes. make sure yoy put the brushes in the right way and make sure the springs are in then push them both in and put a toothpick or soomething small in the hole to make it easier to install the 2 halves back together.

7. line up the points you marked for putting it back together.

8. reinstall the 4 screws holding the alt together.

9. reinstall alt making sure to have the batt dissconnected (im not responsible for you messing shiz up lol.

10. put alt charging wire back on and make sure bolts are tight. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME THICK WIRE! if your doing this im pretty sure you want more volts anyways so make sure yorur car can handle it.

11. install the REAL voltage regulator the small silver and black thing and turn the car on. if you did it right then there is no fire and you see the voltage at 14.67-14.7

PICS

the unit

comparison of old to new

the regulator( the wires and the black stuff i was talking about in the pros/cons below)

the inside of the alt

CLEAN THIS OFF

UNIT INSTALLED

and if everything was right then....TADA. dont try this charging voltage at home people im a skilled professional and kno what im doing dont put yours over 14.9 JOSH SAYS SO! not responsible for YOU burning your batts

review:
all in all it does whats it says its going to do and install took less then 20 minutes but im good so.... lol

pros: it works and install was easy...for me anyways its small and can screw it down with one of the alt bolts. the screw that changes voltage is small enough to where not just any wrench head with a screw driver can adjust it. it was cheap, came with tracking and was packed well in paper, and 2 boxes so it wasnt going to get damaged in shipping. DID I MENTION IT WAS CHEAP other companes want 100+ shipping for their parts it was only one other one that was around 60 but they are not made anymore i dont think, KAPONE.SS told me about that one (shouts out boyyyyyyyy)

cons: the back stuff on the real regulator seems weak. the wires in it are starting to come out from the corner(ill gorilla glue it later). it gets HOT!(maybe its pulling out because it gets hot) the voltage drops after its been on for a while(i thought it kept it at 14.7 all the time) it drops a lil after it warms up so i had to set it higher so it settles into the voltage i want(i set it already hot) so i knew it wasnt going down any further it could use some cooling fins like some of the other ones to help it stay cool i might try to mount it so the fins on the alt blow air on it. IT GETS HOT! if you dont touch it you wont kno though

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbadWOLF View Post
mods please change bad4healths name to the GREATGORDofISSF. may the pulp be with you :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 PM

92SS wagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Good write up and good pics.Thanks for sharing.

Not sure why it gets so hot though?
92 Caprice Wagon,PPG Pearl White paint,shaved roof and rear bumper,Katskinz 2-tone leather interior,Riviera console w/B&M floor shifter,3 pillar gage pod,350TBI w/Stage II tranny,Dynomax headers,2.5" Frankenstein exhaust w/Flowmaster 40's, Hotchkis bars, Panasonic in dash DVD w/flip screen and 16 MB Quart speakers,KILLER-B Speakers Pods, 4-15" Savard Rap subs,AudioControl EQ/X-over, and 3000watts of REAL amps.Bagged on 20" torq Thrust II's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3089619
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 PM

not sure, it needs fins like ALL of the rest of them. i got vids too. still editing them to look better cuz its hard with no tripod lol

Quote:
mods please change bad4healths name to the GREATGORDofISSF. may the pulp be with you :P
Old 07-16-2011, 11:28 PM

92SS wagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad4health View Post
not sure, it needs fins like ALL of the rest of them. i got vids too. still editing them to look better cuz its hard with no tripod lol
mine was alittle over 200 amps and at 14.7v it never got hot.you could touch it no problem
92 Caprice Wagon,PPG Pearl White paint,shaved roof and rear bumper,Katskinz 2-tone leather interior,Riviera console w/B&M floor shifter,3 pillar gage pod,350TBI w/Stage II tranny,Dynomax headers,2.5" Frankenstein exhaust w/Flowmaster 40's, Hotchkis bars, Panasonic in dash DVD w/flip screen and 16 MB Quart speakers,KILLER-B Speakers Pods, 4-15" Savard Rap subs,AudioControl EQ/X-over, and 3000watts of REAL amps.Bagged on 20" torq Thrust II's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3089619
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 AM

new video of it

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.