Fi bl sub question.... - Chevy Impala SS Forum
Impala SS Forum
Go Back   Chevy Impala SS Forum > Audio/Video/Security > Audio
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Shttn89 is on a distinguished road
Default Fi bl sub question....

I got a good deal on a FI BL sub in a ported box.Is it really all that its hyped up to be??Right now i will be running it on a jl 500/1 amp but I plan on upgrading it soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 PM

It a 12 by the way
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Coolwazabi is on a distinguished road

depending on what you paid.. its a great bang/buck sub.. had a BTL.. was pretty bitchin.
2x Audiopipe 1800d's
Kenwood KDC-X996
Big 3 Upgrade
5901 Viper Alarm w/ Remote Start
1995 Chevy Caprice 4.3L L99
Nashville
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM

250 for the box and sub.Or...350 for a 13 w7 in a box
Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Coolwazabi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shttn89 View Post
250 for the box and sub.Or...350 for a 13 w7 in a box

i'd take the BL.. one its cheaper with similar specs and probably can handle more power.. TWO- if you blow it, you can recone it.. three- everyone has HAD the w7's.. MEH..
2x Audiopipe 1800d's
Kenwood KDC-X996
Big 3 Upgrade
5901 Viper Alarm w/ Remote Start
1995 Chevy Caprice 4.3L L99
Nashville
Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 AM

ejschultz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwazabi View Post
i'd take the BL.. one its cheaper with similar specs and probably can handle more power.. TWO- if you blow it, you can recone it.. three- everyone has HAD the w7's.. MEH..
This. Fi makes great woofers that can be reconed when/if they're blown. JL - Just Lost.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:31 PM

thanks guys.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM

B. Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to B. Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwazabi View Post
Are you really MEH at the W7?

The recone price is high, but is worth paying for, I used to laugh at the prices of JL until I experienced it first hand selling Caraudio for a living for the past 3 years. Now I am all for JL... I have customers bring me Slash V1's & w7's that have given them many years of solid use, and amazing SQ - totally worth the replacement. JL won't be going anywhere or selling out anytime soon, causing warrenty issues... The same can't be said for a majority of internet companies - not knocking just being real... I have used it all, zapco, dd, image dynamics, ascendant audio (chad era before the FI buyout) jl, kicker, jbl, fi, re even custom made RE subs from David before they sold out, us amps etc etc... Every company has its highs and lows, and you get what you pay for... But JL is by far hands down the most consistent and reliable audio company out there... Many companies have tried to replicate the W7 - or even over built subs JL and bleh don't deserve to be in the same sentence (less the WX line - BLEH) - this is coming straight from a mouth that bashed and lol'd at JL for years, until I gained first hand experience. JL's customer service is second to none. I am the biggest Zapco and Image fan their is but look what has happened to them, look at JL - 42 new products for 2012 - all improvements over the last - and major improvements on the best SQ sub green paper can buy the w6v3 is here... JL must be doing something right, bash them all you want on price, but in the end you get what you pay for...
2nd Corinthians 4:16-5:8
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Similar specs don't mean **** btw, lets talk about real life performance - that BL can't hold a candle to the w7 in anything other than output. Sorry. There is a gang of ignorance and self proclaimed experts floating around in this section of the forum. On the real, someone needs to come in here and clean this bitch up. JL - Just loss, maybe just lost $ - but just gained years of ear to ear smiles and solid performance. Don't bash what you can't afford and discredit - there are many companies that make fantastic equipment that can beat the W7 in certain categories - but not a single one has built a woofer that can do it all like the W7 can and do so efficiently - the W7 is already completely excessive as it is, anything bigger is teetering on ignorance. Not a single subwoofer company out there has as much invested into R&D as JL - they paved the way give credit where credit is due, all companies have products that are ****, but not all companies entire line is nearing perfection... Hate all you want but if you disagree with me all you want but at the end of the day your dead wrong. Call up Mark Eldridge, Z Davis, Burr Brown, Eric Steven and ask them if JL should stand for just lost, they may humble you rather quickly. I have owned and installed more high end products than a majority of this forum could have dreamed of purchasing - if you don't believe me ask all the OG's on this forum.

Last edited by B. Campbell; 03-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 PM

FI Q is the way to go over the BL fhasho - my favorite sub I have ever owned btw - but I am waiting on my 13W7 AE to come in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.