Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of 1.6 roller rockers. I have never installed rr before. Does any one have any tips or instructions on how to do this? A friend is going to help me that has done it on his car(not a SS). I still could use some pointers though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to upgrade my springs for now. In the next few months I will be purchasing a head and cam package. The heads come with the right springs for the cam and 1.6 rr. I amd just going to push my luck for now. If something breaks then I guess I will just do the head and cam swap sooner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's VERY VERY easy to do.

1. Remove valve covers and stock rockers...

2. Place rockers on all studs and put rocker nuts on - only about 3 or 4 turns - also back out the allen head stops until they're almost out.
3. Hand rotate the crank with a socket/ratchet until it is at 12:00 AND the #6 rockers are moving. You are now TDC on cylinder #1.
4. hand tighten the two rocker nuts on cylinder #1 then tighten the allen head stop inside. Once both are hand tight, take a wrench and allen and tighten both at the same time another 1/4 turn.
5. Move the crank a 1/4 turn then do the next cylinder in the firing order, repeat step 4 and 5 until you are done with the firing order - 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Hope that helps!
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.