Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make them, the lower springs are eating the inner side of my tires. Shop told me that there was no way to fix it with the lowering springs on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Find a different shop, as something is NOT right there....at all! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, what exactly is chewing up your tires? Your springs are no where close to your tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well lets repharse that. Not chewing they, are scuffing/cupping the tread on the inside closet to the car. He stated that with the arc of the A arms changed by putting shorter springs in that the travel of the suspension had changed more to an arc instead of moving up and down. More like the tires are pointing inward at the top causing uneven wear. Thanks
DaWayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See my original advice, get a different (i.e. "competent") shop. The drop isn't that much, and is easily fixable with a realignment.

See my past rants on alignments, and how finding a GOOD alignment shop isn't easy. Hint : it's probably not gonna be the $39.95 "special".....you need to get someone in there who will adjust camber/caster and knows how to do it RIGHT. This takes time, no way around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.