Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not much of a starting line, but with the Fall air moving in and a tailwind I still managed to knock off a few more hundredths.
Even with spinning hard on every leave, the car was fairly consistent: back to back 11.17's at 119+, plus lots of runs between 11.18 and 11.23.
Best 60' was a 1.53. I usually get 1.45-1.47 at that track in higher DA than we had today. DA today +100'

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Congrats Pat. You may have a 10.9xx with the right starting line. Keep lowering the bar for the crowd is what you do best.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be there also and can say that that we had two out of three of the components necessary for record runs: good air and good cars. The starting line sucked however. No matter to Pat , he put on a clinic and even went two 11.17 passes in a row. It will be very interesting to see a solid hook from his car in good air. Congrats Pat.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Congrats Pat and Mike. Pats car has always been fast. But this is almost unreal.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
THanks guys :) We'll keep after it!

HOLY CRAP!!! Thats impressive for a H/C 350. Is that a full weight Impala?
It's not full factory weight, just judicious weight savings all around; still has all the creature comforts, AC, etc. I had the seats pulled out of it yesterday.
Here's the setup:
http://www.top-et.com/impalass/index.asp?SelectedClass=4&Sort=
Scroll down to about 35 or so from the top and click on "detail".
Here's a video somebody shot at the LTX Shootout last month. Me and Stormin Normin 1st qualifying run :) Thanks Mikey for finding that!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Wow, just wow. I know you're going to get that 10 second run. It's just a matter of time. You should head down South this winter. I hear that there are tracks that don't care about a roll bar.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats Pat, and thanks for the comments. I'm not surprised I knew it was in it, and it will go quicker. I predict 10.98 @121. I don't care what the weight is, its a B-body hauling ass! The car has held its on against light weights already!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations, we all know those 10 second slips are comin soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts