Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30026 programmer and I sold the car I was going to use it on. (1995 caprice). I looked at the cable and it is a 12 pin. I read online that the camaro, impala, etc had a 16 pin?

How many pin cable works on the camaro and impala for 94-95? It said online that these cars it has an obd2 16 pin? But the box says it will work but has a 12 pin cable?

I am going to sell it and a guy wants to know if it will work on his car. I got the programmer and computer from a 1994 impala.

thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
With few exceptions, GM OBD1 cars will use the rectangular 12-pin connector. OBD2 cars use the trapezoidal 16-pin connector.

I am fairly confident that all of the OBD1 B-bodies use the 12-pin connector, as my '95 SS that is one of the last 500 still has the 12-pin connector. The Camaro and Corvette may have switched during the '95 model year.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Have heard of some OBD-1.5... Which were OBD-I,with an OBD-II style connector..

Reactions: ratchetmaster

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. i have the computer from the car it was married to. I don't know if they unmarried it from the old vin or not. I guess i just need to find someone that has a caprice of impala and plug it in and find out.

If it is still married to the old vin does anyone think you could put the old computer into a diff. Impala and then turn it on and hook up the HP to it and then set it all back to stock would work? Then the original ecm could be reinstalled and the programmer could be married to the new computer?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You seem to have the best plan.
Stick to the 94-95 Caprice (Impala). The RM and FWD have extra computers that could cause problems with communication,

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
When sold new they came with a 16 to 12 pin adapter. Got mine for something like $25. Great for gear changes, tire changes, temp settings, etc. Never used it for power programing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts