Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as of rite now i have a 15" L7 in my car and the box for it is so big that im having a hard time fitting my spare tire and the box in at the same time. i know some people are thinking ditch the spare tire but id rather have it just in casej. so im stuck between getting two alpine type R's or two infinity kappa's. the way i see it is the type R will be louder (500w RMS) but the infinity will be cleaner (350w RMS). I just want your opinions.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Howd you come to the conclusion that one will be "CLEANER"?

I would say, the Type Rs, Ive heard a couple of them, and they can actually take double the power.

Whats kinda funny is the clean thing though, beacuse L7s are one of the most inaccurate subs ever. IMO (hearing in person and reading they are just noise makers)

Whats your budget, what amp are you running, and what are your musical prefferences.

·
Registered
442 Posts
agree with above

the type rs get loud but can be a little sloppy, the infinity are a hair more musical , but it all depends on music, power, and enclosure

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have 4 type rs and they will make you get out of the car!!! You will need an amp that can drop down to 1. Oh and they are "clean" :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L7's are very sloppy which is another reason i want round subs, and i figure 2 12's are louder than one 15. but i know for a fact the kappas will be cleaner but i have never heard a 12" before, muchless 2 of them. ive heard two 8's two 10's and all of wich were refrence series and i figure the Kappas would be louder.and i have one type R in my toyota and at high volume it's kind of sloppy if im outside of the car with the trunk poped. as far as the amp, it's not a problem because it's a kicker ZX1200.1 wich is 1ohm stable and im well aware is too much power for the kappas but i'll just have the gain turned down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.