Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta be a record for a bone stock 96 Roadmaster sedan (52k orig miles). All I did was put 235/60 BFG drag radials on. Granted air was great but it sure impressed me!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
That is very good for stock.

what was 60' time ?
was tank full of fuel ?
what was your R/T ?

did you run a pass without the D/R tires ?

-ALF out....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.01 60 ft, 1/2 tank of 93 octane, .034 best reaction time (doesn't affect ET). Put a can of Seafoam in for the 3 hr ride up there. Maybe that helped.

No it blows street tires away. Feels like it has more gear than 2.93 POSI (tow package) but I bought it from a 92 yr old lady so I believe it to be stock!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi

Look again its probably a big block,I think I have seen at Atco with the oldgirl turning in the 13s...Oldhead:):):):)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I think Sleeper is right, bet you got a factory freak.

if that's a 2.93 gear, well gimminy-god-dam-crickets that is good.

Does it have a "buick brace" on the rear of the frame ?
-ALF out...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Damn that's quick, have you checked the RPO codes to confirm the rear end?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GW9....2.93
I don't get it. My wagon with same gears ran 15.6 in good air....sure it's 400 lbs heavier. But that should only translate to .5 sec. Not a full second!

RM ran 14.7 in the summer. (less good air)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to but what about ABS reluctor or just forget about ABS and pull the bulb?
I bet with 4.10s it would run 13s and still not be that bad with OD.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The tires definitely helped, but the track can explain a lot if it was SC'd air that day. Regardless, that's a strong run. You should bring it to Cecil for the Cold Drag Day this weekend, and run even faster. You may win the bolt-ons trophy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As stated 235/60-15 BFG drag radials. Pretty short....gave me some gear. Don't look bad on the rear either due to the skirts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I was thinking of using bigger size but figured it would hook on the little ones and get some gear also. On regular radials it roasts from standstill leaving from idle and even spins hard from 10 mph roll. Still don't understand it. My wagon won't spin unless I load converter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts